Arctic Panzer Wolf | 3 Floyds Brewing Co.

Arctic Panzer WolfArctic Panzer Wolf
4.26/5
Arctic Panzer WolfArctic Panzer Wolf

3 Floyds Brewing Co.
Indiana, United States
3floyds.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

A massive IPA that will leave your palate its hapless victim. Scorched earth is our brewery policy.

Added by paco1029384756 on 09-10-2009

#707

Ratings: 3,564 |  Reviews: 726

3.75/5  rDev -12%

4.15/5  rDev -2.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.25

Appearance: Peachy orange. Great lacing and color. Very murky like a witbier. Unusal for an IPA...let alone a double.

Smell: Pine, cookie, honey, and fruit (lime?).

Taste/Mouthfeel: Grapefruit and tons of bourbon. An excellent gateway for IPA drinkers looking for somthing stronger but still familiar. Bourbon makes this a bit too light-bodied for a double.

Overall: Surprised I haven't heard of this more.

3.83/5  rDev -10.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Decent short lived off white head with some lace. Golden with lots of haze and particulates. Aroma of baked bread, passion fruit, with a bit of cattiness. Strong carbonation with a medium body. Earthy/herbal hops with a fair amount of sugary sweetness. Strong bitter finish with a noticeable amount of alcohol.

4.96/5  rDev +16.4%

This is my first APW, thanks to mpayne5! Wow! I am loving this stuff! It feels like the wolf on the label just bit my face off. This stuff is not for beginners! A true citrus-hop bomb indeed. Pours a hazy orange-copper, with a thin creamy head that dissipates fairly quickly which is fine with me. Where do I start with the aroma? The only way I can describe it, is like freshly sliced fruit salad sitting on a bed of pine needles. I gotta say, this is one of the best smelling DIPA's I have ever had the pleasure of drinking. To say this beer is a hop-bomb is an understatement! Big hop's way up front, yet sweet and malty on the finish, and it tickles my nose like champagne. I can't say enough good things about this beer, If you see it, get it! If you don't get it in your area, trade! I know I am gonna, again!

3.75/5  rDev -12%

3.71/5  rDev -12.9%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

well...here we go. FFF - couldnt resist the purchase.
purchased this bottle for $9.99 at Joes in Richmond, Indiana. Its a bit dusty...no date on the bottle.
Poured into tulip glass. Pours a slightly hazy golden copper...thick white head.
Crazy peach and fruity hop aromas with a big malt backbone. Like a DFH 90 min...but more fruity..
Taste is big fruity hops...light fruit like peach or pear with some citrus or pineapple notes; followed by a bit of a malt finish - like vienna or something bready. Big fruity finish...
Its a very easy drinker and you really dont notice the ibu or abv here...not an amazing DIPA...just too malty for me to be amazing. I cant get through the bomber so i switched to a two hearted ale...so much better...
This is a brew where i dont get the hype...

4.25/5  rDev -0.2%

Arctic Panzer Wolf from 3 Floyds Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 4.26 out of 5 with 3,564 ratings