Arctic Panzer Wolf | 3 Floyds Brewing Co.

Arctic Panzer WolfArctic Panzer Wolf

3 Floyds Brewing Co.
Indiana, United States
3floyds.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

A massive IPA that will leave your palate its hapless victim. Scorched earth is our brewery policy.

Added by paco1029384756 on 09-10-2009

Ratings: 3,560 |  Reviews: 726

4.28/5  rDev +2.4%

Poured from a 22oz bottle into a tulip.

A: Pours a hazy deep orangish amer. 1-2finger off white head. Tons of lacing and retention.

S: Pine, resin, citrus (apricot) and a hint of malt sweetness.

T: Close to the nose. Hop forward with a bit of a bitterness the flows into a sweet citrus and resin. Finishes with a tiad bit of bitterness that lingers.

M: Medium body and carbonation.

O: Excellent IIPA. The bitterness balances out well with the citrus for a well rounded brew. Remember to drink fresh!

3.75/5  rDev -10.3%

Photo of

You had this beer. Write a review.

3.75/5  rDev -10.3%

4.25/5  rDev +1.7%

3.5/5  rDev -16.3%

Bomber into a Long trail Pint glass

A: Its got that golden honey IPA color but I am surprised by how translucent it is while being an imperial IPA I usually find them to be more cloudy. There is also a 2cm white head that disputes fairly quickly

S: lots of tropical fruit I seem to get a similar melony smell that is precent in other FFF IPAs. There is also a smell of pine after tasting it i feel i can almost smell the bitterness

T: Well the hops that sure do hit with force in the taste the bitterness is almost overpowering (seems like a palate wrecker for sure). Despite the bitterness up front there is a solid malt backbone that stays for a while with the bitterness. I was disappointed at the lack of citrus melony flavor that I thought would come after the smell i can't taste it at all. There is piney resiny type taste but it just adds to the power of the bitterness

M: I was surprised by how thick it felt despite its light color it is oily though. I also can feel the carbonation as I drink, more so then other IPAs i feel.

O: I have to say I was disappointed by this one its not bad but the bitterness is just too overwhelming to me, there seems to be no effort of balance just a bitter hop attack. I was expecting something more fruity after trying ZD but who knows it could be me (usually i like a lot of hops) wasn't bad by any means though. I really wanted to like this one I just can't.

4.44/5  rDev +6.2%

4.25/5  rDev +1.7%

Arctic Panzer Wolf from 3 Floyds Brewing Co.