Zombie Dust

Dec 09, 2010
SCORE
World-Class
Zombie DustZombie Dust
Notes: This intensely hopped and gushing undead Pale Ale will be one’s only respite after the zombie apocalypse. Created with our marvelous friends in the comic industry.

Recent ratings and reviews. | Log in to view more ratings + sorting options.
Ratings by ScaryEd:
4.19/5  rDev -8.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25
by ScaryEd from New Hampshire

It's time. The hype train has arrived in my neighborhood. Do I jump on or flip it off as it meanders on by?

Poured from a 12 oz bottle dated the day this review is being written. I had hoped to score a case that hadn't been bottled yet but you know how it is.

Pours a lightly hazy orange golden color with a 2-finger off-white head. When the head dissipates it leaves a nice fluffy crown around the beer. Not much lacing to speak of.

The aroma has a ton of orange and some mild grapefruit. Par for the course for Citra hopped ales. Not a knock, that's just how it is.

The taste, like the nose, is all citrus. Orange and grapefruit, maybe some tangerine. Finishes lightly bitter and piney.

The feel is medium bodied with moderately high carbonation. Just a slight lingering bitterness.

Overall, a great pale ale that doesn't quite meet the hype but honestly, who cares? It's a great beer with a great flavor. If citra is your thing then so will this beer be.

Jun 05, 2016

4.2 by Duhast500 from Rhode Island on May 03, 2022

4.25 by Affinity from Missouri on May 01, 2022

3.75 by BeerDreadz from Florida on Apr 30, 2022
4.71/5  rDev +3.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75
by ChicagoBJG from Illinois

I've had it straight from the tap at the brewery before it closed. I've poured it out of a glass bottle and can picked up from the brewery and I've poured it from a glass bottle picked up at my local grocery store & it never fails to impress.

It's about as hopped up as you'll ever find in an APA but good lord is it amazing. If your out at a tap room and have a Zombie Dust it's nearly impossible to switch to anything else and enjoy it as much as you would have had you not tasted the golden nectar that is Zombie Dust

Apr 26, 2022
3.23/5  rDev -29.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.25
by Agee66 from Florida

I agree with Freonicus below I have been very interested in trying this beer for a long time. I don’t see it where I live but I found it while visiting Cincinnati. I was hoping to be impressed after reading all the great reviews but I must say I am not impressed. The can is dated March 7 2022. It looks and feels pretty good but the taste is just okay almost like Sierra Nevada beers. I drink Treehouse IPA’s when I can and there is no comparison. So a bit disappointed but at least I can say I’ve had it. Would not buy again.

Apr 19, 2022
3.75/5  rDev -17.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75
by KT3418 from Colorado

I liked it but I mean I agree with the general modern concensus that other breweries do this same thing just fine. I dont think it's bad but I can't possibly consider myself a 3 Floyd's Stan. It's not that special.

Apr 18, 2022

5 by Mick_Bynes from New York on Apr 18, 2022

4.68 by C_Pel from Pennsylvania on Apr 14, 2022
4.85/5  rDev +6.1%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75
by cbuzz24 from Mississippi

I tend to prefer higher ABV, but man, Zombie Dust is the best I've ever tried! I only wish I could find it in the deep south....

Apr 11, 2022
3.64/5  rDev -20.4%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75
by Freonicus from Tennessee

Waited 3 years to try this. Total Wine finally got it in. 12oz can in a highball glass. Total mediocrity. This is absolutely nothing special. I bought the hype, but I can tell you people are only judging by the name and artwork. If you're into super dry, extra bitter IPAs like Cigar City's Jai-Alai, you'll like it, but for me, this is nowhere near top ten.

Mar 30, 2022
4.24/5  rDev -7.2%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25
by mvogt from Massachusetts

Sweeter than I expected, very good.

Mar 29, 2022
4.5/5  rDev -1.5%
by nelsonracite from New Jersey

Has a copper like tone. Smells of citrus and pine. Taste full of flavor, and has a great finish. Has hits of malt and yeast. Overall this beer is a delight.

Mar 27, 2022

4.25 by arc3636 from Kansas on Mar 26, 2022

4.17/5  rDev -8.8%
by vazsen

I'm surprised this is #2 for APA. It tastes really good! Looks extremely good. The color and the haze are magnificent. I found it in a 12 oz can 6 pack but I poured it into a glass. I would rate this as a solid 'can-go-back-to' beer. Can ABV says 6.5% by volume, and it certainly feels that way. Really solid crispiness and hop forward as one would expect. I'd recommend it to my friends, so I'd recommend it to you guys. First time having anything from 3 Floyds (I think). I'd buy it again if I see it again. Absolutely staple to the beer fridge. It's nothing fancy, but it's nothing to scoff at.

Mar 17, 2022

by Dr_Bahmbay13 from Michigan

Very overrated.

Mar 06, 2022
4.52/5  rDev -1.1%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5
by JohnniEMc from Pennsylvania

This serving was drawn from a tap and poured into a clear pint glass. It is one magnificent looking beer. Its color is light copper-amber with a bright display aspect. The modest head is just off-white, tight and enduring. The smell just about lives up to its looks. There's plenty mild sweetness provided by the malt. Then, there's a hoppiness that seems to be in perfect balance. Traces of yeast and alcohol complete the treat. The nose didn't mislead on this one. This is first noticed to be a wonderfully smooth brew. No doubt credit goes to the malting, which provides a great body without the expense of being too sweet. Now, it can be noticed how beautiful this laces the inside of the glass as it recedes. There's distinct demarcation for each time the glass was raised and consumed from. Neither West Coast-like, with their sharply often piney bite, nor New England-like, with their softened hopping, this is just a really good blend of hops to contrast the malt and confirm to the drinker that this is a full flavored APA. An exceptional taste within an exceptional medium, this is worthy of all the praise.

Mar 05, 2022
4.77/5  rDev +4.4%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75
by Denverbeerman21

Pours orange, hazy, 1 finger head. Citrus, pine, orange aromas. Tangerine, grapefruit, pine, biscuity taste. Not too bitter, easy drinking, finishes dry. Pretty tasty.

Feb 27, 2022

4.75 by BML1995 from Kentucky on Feb 18, 2022

4.53 by MillyLite from Michigan on Feb 10, 2022

5 by Jcal2023 from Pennsylvania on Feb 09, 2022
4.59/5  rDev +0.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5
by jkh15 from Michigan

I get it. This is great. Smells hoppy, taste is slightly more subdued — refreshing, juicy, hoppy. Excellent.

Feb 05, 2022
by MattDecker from Texas

Look: hazy sap orange
Smell: pine hop, little fruity (mango - sweet citrus fruit)
Taste: pine hoppy, citrus fruit,
Feel: medium full body
Overall: I gotta say, it's well done, and just not my jam. I can appreciate how most people into OG IPA's like a smooth bitterness in the lingering aftertaste, which this has in spades, but I prefer the juice bomb NEIPA's. I can appreciate this tho

Jan 27, 2022
by solitonica

I've never reviewed a beer. I've had many IPAs. This is probably the most drinkable IPA-like beer with a decent ABV that I've ever encountered. Has great hoppy and citrusy notes, even backed by an almost cheesiness, but somehow it still manages to stay smooth going down. I just don't know how they managed to make it go down so smooth. I lean towards Sierra Nevada Pale Ale as my go to for that slight sweetness and drinkability, but for a bold Pale Ale, this is the top for me.

Jan 26, 2022
4.5/5  rDev -1.5%
by officerbill from New York

Translucent orange/amber with a tall, foamy, head that laces nicely
Aromas of grapefruit, tangerine, and mango
Taste follows aroma with grapefruit juice & zest, tangerine, mango, new pine needles, a dash of resin on top of a noticeable malt base
Mild to moderate hoppy bitterness with a dry finish
This can is two months old, but you can still see why Zombie Dust has their reputation. Tropical citrus and floral hops are prominent but balanced by the malts.
A truly excellent beer

Jan 22, 2022

4.31 by ScottyB515 from Ohio on Jan 21, 2022
Zombie Dust from 3 Floyds Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 100 out of 100 with 11258 ratings