Zombie Dust

Dec 09, 2010
SCORE
World-Class
Zombie DustZombie Dust
Notes: This intensely hopped and gushing undead Pale Ale will be one’s only respite after the zombie apocalypse. Created with our marvelous friends in the comic industry.

Recent ratings and reviews. | Log in to view more ratings + sorting options.
Ratings by TheGordianKnot:
Reviewed by TheGordianKnot from Tennessee

4.89/5  rDev +7%
Served at FFF pub into Imperial Pint glass...

A- Very orange color that sits in the glass with a slight haze; inch of foam atop. As the beer is drank it leaves a tiny bit of lacing here and there.

S- Holy hell. All citrus. Oh my goodness this is just incredible. I want a million air fresheners of this scent with me at all times. It is just so prounounced and crisp I can't get over that this might be the best smelling beer I have had to date. If you can think of a citrusy fruit- that fruit is in this aroma!

T/M- This is where I cry; in a good way. I almost had an emotional breakdown when this beer first touched my lips. Again, this beer is all citrus/all the time. Orange/Tangerine and pineapple take the forefront but backed up by a complexity of other fruits associated with Citra hops. There is also a nice tiny sweetness that plays peek-a-boo on your palate that is some sort of a gumball-y flavor. Its nice to get a malt presence in a beer that isn't the same old caramel/toffee/biscuit. IBUs on the high said for an APA, but I like it like that. Balance is spot on and mouthfeel is great. Nice medium body and moderate carbonation with a decently dry finish make this an awesome and refreshing beer.

O- Seriously, this is the best APA I have had to date and I don't know if it can get much better. I also had the 3Kings on this trip to the pub and though that was also an A beer, this one just rocks; its unreal. I ended up buying a growler to go of both ZD and 3Kings because these APAs made me have an out of body experience. Thank you FFF for creating Zombie Dust...
May 03, 2011
More User Ratings:
Reviewed by Neelbeer from New York

4.39/5  rDev -3.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5
Pours dark, fairly opaque orange. Nice head that fades quickly.
I got apricot immediately on the nose; someone at my table said apple, and I see that too. Herbal, hop aromas.
Taste develops very rapidly on the palate (as opposed to something juicier that might linger and morph more). Quite delicious, dry, but also has some malty sweetness for balance. Also reminds me of black tea a little.
Pleasantly smooth and creamy.
Yum, there’s a certain (delightful) surprise factor (especially for someone like me who’s used to juicier IPAs) in terms of the quick attack of flavours that soon leaves only bitterness. Like this beer a lot. I usually feel that I can’t fully appreciate hops yet, but here I wasn’t the slightest bit overwhelmed by bitterness, and found the hop flavors really inviting (I want to try more with this variety).
Yesterday at 05:15 AM

Rated: 4.65 by Crabmando from Ohio

Saturday at 11:57 PM

Rated: 4.05 by MatthewJW from Wisconsin

Jan 21, 2023
Reviewed by PickieRickie

All time favorite beer - absolutely no complaints. Anytime I find it I buy the store out. Have had the pleasure of introducing this beer to my friends down south and they all RAVE about it. Get it, drink it, enjoy it!
Jan 20, 2023
Reviewed by The_Snow_Bird from Florida

4.9/5  rDev +7.2%
Pours slightly hazy with a large white head on top. Gives off a very citrusy hoppy smell. Taste is perfect balance of hops and orange/lemon zest. Goes down very smooth
Jan 18, 2023

Rated: 4.25 by KC_beerman from Missouri

Jan 01, 2023
Reviewed by Mindcrime1000 from South Dakota

4.21/5  rDev -7.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25
Poured into a Nonic. A classic that isn't available in my distro area, but scored some in the STL area.

Pours a slightly hazed burnt orange with an excellent fluffy white head. Retention is limited but the lacing is solid and persistent.

Aromas of grapefruit, pineapple, melon, and faint resin balanced with some honey. This style is often lacking in aroma. This beer is great on that point.

Pushes the APA/IPA line even more than SNPA. Modest malt with a bit of honey. Prominent grapefruit and faint resin hop notes. Might be a bit too hoppy to really be an APA.

Great delivery. Well carbonated, smooth and drying.

I get why this is beloved, but it's a little too hoppy to give it top billing. Still, it's an outstanding brew that comes in near the top of the pile for the style.
Dec 31, 2022

Rated: 4.71 by Matt711 from Minnesota

Dec 30, 2022
Reviewed by Papercut4 from Wisconsin

4.65/5  rDev +1.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75
It's been a minute since I've had this beer but it didn't disappoint! Poured a nice new penny color with about a finger of head and some nice lace. Smelled of citrus, maybe even pineapple. Tasted balanced and not overly hoppy with wonderful carbonation that dances on the tongue! A treat to start my 2nd 4 day weekend to cap off the year!
Dec 29, 2022

Rated: 3.59 by dm771 from Canada (ON)

Dec 28, 2022

Rated: 4.77 by 0ldRasputin from Virginia

Dec 23, 2022
Reviewed by Mattie2012 from Pennsylvania

3.3/5  rDev -27.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.25
I am not going to bore you with a detailed review of this beer’s various characteristics. That has already been done hundreds of times by others. I remember being head over heels for this beer about eight years ago. Had it three years ago still loved it. Having it now once again; something has really changed with this beer, and not for the better. I do not know what happened to Zombie Dust, but it just is not the same. Not good. Next time I see it, I’ll pass.
Dec 12, 2022

Rated: 4.5 by ear-bending from Texas

Dec 10, 2022

Rated: 4.51 by TwoBeers from Washington

Dec 06, 2022
Rated by JMT1 from Pennsylvania

4.84/5  rDev +5.9%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75
This is my new go to beer. Delicious.
Dec 04, 2022

Rated: 4.41 by sisterofba from Maryland

Nov 03, 2022
Reviewed by Extrajoker00 from Ohio

4.32/5  rDev -5.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25
Served in a pint glass

A: Dense gold with a medium head and thick lace

S : mild hop and earthy tones

T : complex hops kept in check

M : pleasant earthy flavor with crisp hoppy aftertaste

D : Thin mouthfeel and crisp finish make this one a drinker

This has become my 'go to' beer since it went into full time production. Highly recommended
Nov 02, 2022

Rated: 4.9 by Beergod420 from Michigan

Oct 24, 2022
Reviewed by OfficerVZdiver

4.68/5  rDev +2.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75
I first had this beer around 2014 when I was up in Chicago and for alms reason I thought it was an IPA back then. Back in Illinois’s this week and gave it another go. Holy shit this beer is good! Could almost be a less hoppy IPA but just perfectly balanced due to the flavor fishing every where with just enough hops to keep me going. Really wish I could take a sixer back on the plane with me to Florida!
Oct 24, 2022
Rated by crazyspicychef from Pennsylvania

4.81/5  rDev +5.3%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75
Pretty good Pale ale, although not my favorite.
Oct 17, 2022
Reviewed by RoyalT from Michigan

3.55/5  rDev -22.3%
Appearance – This ale is a light clear orange in color with a good white head that left a lot of lacing.

Smell – The ale is hop-forward and delicately balanced. The grapefruit is mild and the pineapple barely noticeable. It smells very smooth and even.

Taste – The tangy grapefruit is a little stronger here but tempered by a mild sweetness. Not getting a lot of malt though.

Mouthfeel – Light-bodied, just a tad bigger than a light lager, with a small dryness at the finish.

Drinkability – I didn’t think anything stood out with this APA but everything works very well together.
Oct 03, 2022

Rated: 4.43 by HighwayChile from Kansas

Sep 18, 2022
Rated by mcniwinski from Pennsylvania

If you see this on a menu and are ok with IPAs, and you’ve never had it…order it. It deserves the World Class it gets.
Sep 17, 2022
Reviewed by Gripdaddy from Minnesota

When I took a swig I stroked out and saw a vision of the undead king, when I came to my underwear was wet and my tastebuds happy 5/5 I would get discombobulated again.
Sep 13, 2022
Reviewed by TurboMon_911 from New Jersey

4.58/5  rDev +0.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5
12 oz. can Pkgd on 06/18/22. Poured an opaque golden amber color into a pint glass with a off white 2 fingers pillowey high head that lasted; dainty carbonation with lots of lacing. Aroma is hop forward with earth and malt overtone that also offer some floral notes. Taste is bitter throughout with a slightly citrusy bitter sweet finish that lingers. Mouth is chewy and flavorful, very satisfying. A little dark and hoppy for a pale ale, but oh sooo good! In fact it was so good I had to go back to where I got it and buy the remaining 2 six packs. First time I've seen anything from 3 Floyds in my area.
Sep 02, 2022
Zombie Dust from 3 Floyds Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 100 out of 100 with 11335 ratings