Zombie Dust | 3 Floyds Brewing Co.

Zombie DustZombie Dust
4.58/5
World-Class
Zombie DustZombie Dust

3 Floyds Brewing Co.
Indiana, United States
3floyds.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

#64

User Reviews & Ratings
Reviews: 1,654 | Ratings: 10,659

Simply put, one of the best beers in the world right now. Smell, taste, overall feel, everything about this beer is truly stellar. A must for all craft beer lovers

The hype for this is unreal which may lead to some dissappointment. Otherwise, this is hands down one of the best IPAs and a must try. Worthy of the 5 rating.

Yellowish amber color. Smells like straight citrus. Maybe a hint of caramel malt. Tastes like orange and grapefruit with a slight caramel malt backbone. Dry finish. I could drink the whole six pack easily. Hands down one of the best ipa/pales available. If you haven't tried this one do yourself a favor. An absolutely fantastic brew!!!

My brother (whom is high up in management at a major beer distributer) and nephew had been telling me about Zombie Dust for some time. It's hard for them to get this ,but I have been able to obtain it on a regular basis since the 3 Floyd's brewery is roughly a half hour away from where I live. They don't live in the area. My point is I think it is a great APA. But, to me the taste is overpowering......a little too hoppy/bitter. I do confess my preference is malty over hoppy though.
**** Add on: I am changing my tune on this one.....becoming more of a hop- head since I wrote the part before the "add on". Just picked up a 6-pack that wasn't even a week old ..... world class is right!
***** Add on 2: Drinking one now and this is better than world class!
****** Add on 3: Just brought a 6 pack
home today from the brewery site and it was just bottled an hour or so before I bought it. WOW! "FRESHER THAN FRESH" as the gift shop/ take out guy declared. MY bad for only getting a 6 of this, but I already have one in the fridge only a week old from my local retailer so I figured I had to get some other selections of bombers that you can not get away from the brewery. 10 bucks a bomber OUCH!...... That said, I am sure if you can find these elsewhere they will be marked up way higher than what I paid for them.

I've had this beer over and over, and no other pale is beats this when you get it fresh at the brewpub. Just had a bottle last night that my buddy bought from the brewpub and we popped it open only 3 days after it had been bottled. Exceptional. Anyone that hates on the beer , probably hasn't had it fresh.

There's a reason this beer is so difficult to come by. Perfect amount of hops. The citrusy smell is an unforgettable aroma. Pretty hard to top this beer.

Had a super fresh bottle,just 1-2 days after it was bottle,...got bottles that were just released hrs after the brew oub stocmed it and updated there page...so awesomeness in aa al ost day fresh beer

Took forever to get my hands on 2 bottles and i live in same state and only hour away from brewery. Amazing beer worthe the hunt. Its smells fruity and taste like it but not to much just the right amout with a good hops backbone. Get this beer dont pass it up

Appearance: Radiant Gold
Smell: Fruity
Taste: Strong grapefruit/citrus.
Feel: Drinks easy without being too light or heavy.
Over All: This has become my absolute favorite beer. Everything about it is heavenly.

The taste, look, feel and craftsmanship of this beer is of the charts. By far my favorite APA. The best and most sure fire way to acquire Zombie Dust is to watch the 3 Floyds websites "Beers To Go" page (http://www.3floyds.com/beers-to-go/) and making a trip to the brewery or by stalking your local liquor store (If you live the Chicago / Northwestern Indiana area), making friend s with it's employees, and learning what day and time the distributor makes his delivery. Some what pathetic behavior I know but what can I say....it's a damn good beer.

On tap at the brewpub. An incredible beer! A very complex flavor, nice color, and very nice aroma. This is my favorite beer from 3 Floyds. Highly recommended!

A- Bright orange with slight haze. Decent lace with lots of head.

S- Citrus, pineapple and grapefruit rind. Slight mandarin orange.

T- The Citra hops here provide a clear citrusy grapefruit profile. Flavor is fantastic, and the hop bitterness is balanced perfectly to finish with the malt. Pineapple, orange rind and slight, slight pine.

M- Feels fairly dry, with a little carbonation keeping the beer bright. No residual bitterness or hop resin on aftertaste.

O- Best single-hop beer I've ever had. Just a fantastic, well-rounded beer from 3F.

One of the best beers I have ever had, this beer is hard to get ahold of and the hype is real. My only complaint is the slight bitterness in the aftertaste.

A - nice dark orange amber color white head sticks nice lacing
S - nice big orange zest, grapefruit, lemon lime
T - pops even more so.than the smell, orange zest, grapefruit, lemon lime, nice and bitter
M - light-medium mouthfeel, bitter, alcohol covere, aftertaste is orange zest
O - straight up Citra bomb, best Citra pale ale to date. Tastes like orange juice.

Hazy golden color with a nice white head. Amazingly big citrus and tropical fruit aroma. Flavor is similar with grapefruit, orange, mango, and just a little pine bitterness. Balanced perfectly with a malty sweetness and body. Very smooth and finishes clean with no aftertaste. I love this beer!

Well, a time a go mid 90's the alpha king was a spicy, piney mess of goodness. Now the attention at this brewery is on the zombie dust. As it should be for the price point.

This brewery has made me realize some heaven on earth kind of thing with beer over the years. First, it was with alpha. To be conditioned on mass produced stuff and tasting alpha in the 90's made me realize that it made you really question what else have they been feeding me, kind of thing.

Today, I went down to the across the lines liquor store, like you cross one state to get to where they sell this and spent nearly 20 bucks in poor dunk Indiana to get this marvelous 6 pack of beer.
The best pale ale creation ever.

Poured from the bottle into a Sixpoint Teku.

Look - Pours a beautiful burnt orange, almost amber color. Forms a light fluffy head, and the lacing remains on the glass.

Smell - Citrus and pine.

Taste - The citrus hits hard up front, but there is a strong malt background that really rounds off the flavors nicely. Pine and hops on the back end as you swallow with just the right amount of bitterness.

Mouthfeel - Bready, medium-bodied, perfect carbonation, and smooth.

Overall - My favorite pale ale to date! I really enjoy the citra hop, and 3 Floyd's really did a good job incorporating it into their recipe. If you haven't had it, please do so. I gave it a 5/5 for a reason!

They suck getting this out to us...but it is top shelf .... But there are a ton of great beers ... Sorry 3 Floyds, but unless you start taking care of your fans...I'm out

3floyds was so packed at GABF 2015. The line was 20+ deep to get this beer but I waited anyway and OMG worth every minute.

A: has a beautiful golden color with a full foamy head that disapates with time.

S: When i smelled my sample i was hit with a fragrane of citris. Pine needles and orange peels.

T: This beer is made with a single hop (citra hop). When it hits the lips so good.

M: Very fresh and light.

D: Refreshing pale ale could drink for hours on end. Light and smooth.

I just started drinking beer recently and while trying many different kinds so far, this is by far the best. I'm lucky enough to have the Three Floyds Brewery only about 20 miles from me or so, and I couldn't be any happier about it. Zombie Dust is the pinnacle of what an American Pale Ale should be.

Bottled 10/24/14 and enjoyed on 11/4/14. I get a lot of fresh, piney, tropical, citrus and floral notes on the aroma. Dank, fresh hops. Explosion of flavor in every sip to gulp. Beautiful lacing. Not too bitter at 60 IBUs.. juicy!

This is my favorite beer. Love the artwork, love the taste! I've managed to have it on draft three different occasions in Terre Haute Indiana. Also picked up 2 cases at Dark Lord day 2013!

It turns out that all the time I've spent trying to track this down was absolutely worth it. Beautiful, oh-so-very-slightly hazy golden colored pour, with a thick, long-lasting head that left lots of lacing as it settled. Perfectly balanced, with a solid malt backbone that allows the floral and citrusy hops center stage. Pleasant grapefruit-zest and pine resin bitterness, with a crisp, dry finish. Well crafted, insanely drinkable, absolutely stunningly delicious. Well worth going miles and miles out of your way for.

From the first time you smell the hops in the glass, you know this is a special beer. Yes there is an explosion of hops, although controlled, when you taste it, but the clean mouth feel leaves you wanting more. It is evident why all the reviews are what they are for Zombie Dust across the country at BA and other beer rating sites. This is an outstanding beer that you are bound to enjoy! As long as you like hops... If you don't the it is a wonder why you even drink beer.

Pours a hazy orange with a great fluffy white head. Lot of lacing. Big time citrus aroma! Robust grapefruit and mango notes. Taste is similar to the nose with citrus bitterness but it’s incredibly balanced with caramel sweetness. Don’t Get me wrong it’s a hoppy beer but it’s a nice constant bitter taste mixed with the sweetness. Has a nice crisp mouthfeel medium bodied overall. Just a phenomenal beer. Drink and enjoy!

Zombie Dust from 3 Floyds Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 4.58 out of 5 with 10,659 ratings