Zombie Dust | 3 Floyds Brewing Co.

Zombie DustZombie Dust
4.59/5
World-Class
Zombie DustZombie Dust

3 Floyds Brewing Co.
Indiana, United States
3floyds.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Added by hansgruber on 12-09-2010

#36

Ratings: 10,415 |  Reviews: 1,615

I was so very disappointed with this beer, given all the hype associated with it. My friends are all like, "Oh, try this beer, you'll love it!" But this is the United States of America, and just because everyone else treats a beer like a heroin addiction, does not mean I do too. I've seen people refuse to drink anything but this and Gumball Head, and you know what? They don't drink very often. Well, I happen to like beer, but for as hard as it is to get this one, plus, the watery body and flavor of it, I happen to think this one blows. But, to each their own. This is not the best beer in the world people. If you enjoy driving to 25 different liquor stores and wasting countless amounts of time and money just attempting to find a single six pack, which is usually the limit if you can if you do find any, then by all means America, go right ahead. The people responsible for the hype are the same people who made Kim Kardashian and Justin Bieber famous. That being said...

A - Cloudy and grey

1.24/5  rDev -73%

1.71/5  rDev -62.7%

1.75/5  rDev -61.9%

1.82/5  rDev -60.3%

Appearance was fine. Nothing to write home about; no complaints.

The major problem was the nose. I've had this beer on draft form two different bars in Chicago and both times I could not finish even one pint. This beer has an overwhelmingly body-odor-like aroma. The smell was dense and lingering. All I could think about were the summers I've spent in crowded eastern european subways.

Generally I love FFF, but I will definitely not be drinking ZD again anytime soon.

1.88/5  rDev -59%
look: 2 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 1.75

1.91/5  rDev -58.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 2.75

1.95/5  rDev -57.5%
look: 4 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

The one beer I am still trying to determine what the fuss is all about. Overrated.

2.04/5  rDev -55.6%

Ok so I REALLY used to like this. Unfortunately, a male cat came and sprayed our garage, and it smells very similar to this beer. I'm not trying to be condescending. Like I said I really used to like this beer. I even took it to my wife and asked her what it smelled like. She looked at me and immediately said "cat spray." So please get rid of your male cats...I wish I had :(

2.04/5  rDev -55.6%

2.06/5  rDev -55.1%

I was so disappointed w this after hearing all the hype. To me it is just average at best. The one I opened was bottled 11-9-2016. Just nothing exciting at all. Will not be buying this one again for sure. There is just nothing to be excited about at all. Sorry guys, but I do not get it. To me New Belgium Ranger is just as good if not better.

2.12/5  rDev -53.8%

Zombie Dust from 3 Floyds Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 4.59 out of 5 with 10,415 ratings