Zombie Dust | 3 Floyds Brewing Co.

Zombie DustZombie Dust

3 Floyds Brewing Co.
Indiana, United States
3floyds.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Added by hansgruber on 12-09-2010

Ratings: 10,097 |  Reviews: 1,578
1.24/5  rDev -72.6%

1.71/5  rDev -62.3%

1.75/5  rDev -61.4%

1.82/5  rDev -59.8%

Appearance was fine. Nothing to write home about; no complaints.

The major problem was the nose. I've had this beer on draft form two different bars in Chicago and both times I could not finish even one pint. This beer has an overwhelmingly body-odor-like aroma. The smell was dense and lingering. All I could think about were the summers I've spent in crowded eastern european subways.

Generally I love FFF, but I will definitely not be drinking ZD again anytime soon.

1.88/5  rDev -58.5%
look: 2 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 1.75

1.91/5  rDev -57.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 2.75

1.95/5  rDev -57%
look: 4 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

The one beer I am still trying to determine what the fuss is all about. Overrated.

2.04/5  rDev -55%

2.06/5  rDev -54.5%

I was so disappointed w this after hearing all the hype. To me it is just average at best. The one I opened was bottled 11-9-2016. Just nothing exciting at all. Will not be buying this one again for sure. There is just nothing to be excited about at all. Sorry guys, but I do not get it. To me New Belgium Ranger is just as good if not better.

2.08/5  rDev -54.1%

2.12/5  rDev -53.2%

2.16/5  rDev -52.3%

2.16/5  rDev -52.3%

Great beer!

But it is not an American Pale Ale. Too hoppy for style classification. Disqualified.

Really, people. Pay attention to style. Styles have meanings and characteristics for the purpose of judging. Three floyds calls this an APA when it is an IPA based on the IBU and other criteria. Judging this to be a 100 in the world of American Pale Ales is like saying the best type of apple in the world is a banana. If you don't pay attention to style parameters you shouldn't be judging any beers at all, because otherwise all we're doing here is telling the world what your OPINION is of a specific beer, and frankly, I don't care about your opinion if you can't even compare a beer against its supposed style guidelines.

2.25/5  rDev -50.3%

2.26/5  rDev -50.1%

Heard lots of good things but not impressed. Not an IPA guy but New Belgium skinny dip was considerably better.

2.5/5  rDev -44.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

It was highly recommended by friends, but it was too hoppy for me.

2.6/5  rDev -42.6%

2.86/5  rDev -36.9%

Not a pale ale person so obviously not my thing but was worth a try.

Zombie Dust from 3 Floyds Brewing Co.