Zombie Dust | 3 Floyds Brewing Co.

Zombie DustZombie Dust

3 Floyds Brewing Co.
Indiana, United States
3floyds.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Added by hansgruber on 12-09-2010

Ratings: 10,073 |  Reviews: 1,569

4.56/5  rDev +0.7%

4.75/5  rDev +4.9%

Poured from a bottle into my Duvel tulip glass. I am lucky enough to try this because of the tremendous generosity of @creepinjeeper. I've been dying to try this beer forever and finally it has happened!

A: A medium amber orange color with a beautiful white one finger head. Full glass lacing.

S: Wow, WOW! This beer has a huge reputation and I always wondered if it is justified. That's an emphatic hell yeah! I can tell just from the nose, this is one incredible beer. The nose is all citrus and fruit with grapefruit, tangerine, lemon, peach and slight pine mixed with some slight bready sweet malt. The smell is just out of this world. I just keep sniffing it. Holy Citra hops!

T: No letdown here with the taste. The hops just dance on your tongue in a magical way, this is a hoppy beer. Flavors of huge citrus follow the nose with grapefruit, lemon, tangerine, peach and pineapple. There is some bready biscuit malt that holds the beer together, but this one is all about the hops. Finish stays with the fruit flavors and mixes in some slight pine that leads to slight bitterness but remains dry. Terrific beer.

M: Medium mouthfeel that is not overly bitter but still dry and no alcohol is tasted. Perfect carbonation, perfect mouthfeel.

O: This beer absolutely lives up to the hype. This is the best pale ale I have ever had, hands down and one of the best beers I have ever had. Tremendous! I just wish I had constant access to it. I have one more bottle to enjoy, then alas it will be gone.....and I shall cry.

Great, great beer.

4.48/5  rDev -1.1%

4.32/5  rDev -4.6%

4.5/5  rDev -0.7%

Zombie Dust from 3 Floyds Brewing Co.