Zombie Dust | 3 Floyds Brewing Co.

Zombie DustZombie Dust

3 Floyds Brewing Co.
Indiana, United States
3floyds.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Added by hansgruber on 12-09-2010

Ratings: 10,001 |  Reviews: 1,557
3.97/5  rDev -12.4%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 4

I am a huge fan of APA and IPA, usually Citra Hops. I have to say that I do not know what all the fuss is about with Zombie Dust. It's really good, but NOT worth fighting over to get it since it's made in limited supply. A better APA and IPA is Deschutes Fresh Squeezed and my all time fave, Brickstone Hop Skip and I'm Drunk IPA. Much more Citra flavor and aroma.

4.59/5  rDev +1.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Bring-on the zombie apocalypse. This one definitly lived up to the hype for me. May be best Pale Ale I've had? Bottled 2/10, providing a beautiful pour into a snifter. Nose is not as pronounced as others but taste is fantastic. This Citra hopped gem is hitting my c-spot. Straight to the dome with my first ever. Too bad this stuff is so hard to come by.

4.86/5  rDev +7.3%

4.69/5  rDev +3.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

4.74/5  rDev +4.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

4.17/5  rDev -7.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

I think the hype really got to me on this one. After having a bunch of really delicious citra beers over the last year or so, this one didn't hit the mark for me as much as I expected.

4.61/5  rDev +1.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

2.87/5  rDev -36.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

4.25/5  rDev -6.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Had a full month after bottling.

Darker color than I was expecting but that is probably due to the age. The smell was like any other good pale ale. Taste was on point and the feel was a little watery tbh.

Would love to try this fresh but even after a month it was very good. I can see why this beer is sought after but to this extent is a little insane.

Good beer though!

4.78/5  rDev +5.5%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

4.77/5  rDev +5.3%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

-Glowing tangerine color, nice bright white head
-Ripe tropical fruits, slight piney aroma, resin
-Citrus and papaya upfront with an underlying sweetness followed by a citrus fruit rind bitterness. Yum
-Medium mouthfeel that coats the tongue momentarily and finishes dry
-This is my first 3 floyds hoppy brew and I have to say I'm impressed. Now time to have a pseudosue

4.43/5  rDev -2.2%
look: 4 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Pours an opaque orange with a white head, with a good deal of lacing left behind. Tropical, citrus, peach, and apricot form a sweet, but well balanced aroma. Sweet tropical citrus opens up with peach and apricot notes falling in behind. Well balanced, with a little bit of a bitter, piney hop bite at the end. Mouth feel is smooth and mouth coating. Overall, a fantastic pale ale. Very well balanced, with good fruit aromas and flavors.

Served in a 12oz snifter.

4.52/5  rDev -0.2%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

4.82/5  rDev +6.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

This beer has you wanting more and more. Have been drinking this for a couple years now and is always found in my fridge. The ultimate go-to pale ale. Superb!!

4.67/5  rDev +3.1%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

A good friend gifted me a bottle of the dust. WOW.
So tasty. Wish I could drink this one straight out the tap.

The citrus and resin was super pleasing, and the finish was incredible.

4.68/5  rDev +3.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

This is one of those brews that I had been in search of for quite awhile and finally got to try it this weekend. It def lived up to the hype. So insanely tasty. Nice golden color but its the flavor that makes this a special brew. Just so nice, super smooth and drinkable. Excellent beer, probably the best Pale Ale I've ever had.

4.27/5  rDev -5.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.51/5  rDev -0.4%
look: 5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

4.9/5  rDev +8.2%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 5

Poured from a 12 oz bottle into my Sierra Nevada IPA glass. Bottled on 2-22-16, reviewing on 2-29-16

Look: Bright orange appearance. Pours a good 1 1/2 finger head which leaves some lacing as it diminishes. Produces a mixture of fine and large bubbles with a ton streaming from the bottom. Looks amazing in the glass.

Smell: I can smell the hops from the pour without even putting my nose to the glass. Massive hop and citrus aroma on this beer. Smells almost like an IPA but without the sharp bitterness. More of a refined bitterness to the nose that blends well with a small amount of sweetness.

Taste: Taste is bright hops and citrus rind. Hops are unbelievably balanced with the malt sweetness. While the nose had me thinking it was going to be fairly bitter and IPA-esq, I was surprised to find this beer super hoppy without being bitter. An absolutely fantastic, refreshing tasting Pale Ale with everything you look for on the palate.

Overall: I love this beer. While I was expecting a lot due to the hype around this one I was surprised to still find myself extremely impressed. What really does it for me in this beer is the amount of hops present in the taste and aroma but, the lack of bitterness. It has an intense flavor but remains refreshing and clean. Definitely the best pale ale I've had and look forward to picking this up whenever I can.

4.38/5  rDev -3.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.5

Bottled 1-20-16

A - heavy pour into a snifter. Slightly hazy copper colored with creamy white 1 finger head. Nice lacing.

S - very citrus-y. Lots of butterscotch maltiness too. Lots of lemon and slightly grassy. Smells very, very sweet.

T - wow. Very good. Such a great meddling of highs and lows in this. I love how drinkable and not in your face it is. Not getting the sweetness that I expected from the nose, but it's in no way a hopped up bomb either. Just a nice drinking pale ale. Well done.

M - Dear God. Creamiest ipa/apa I've ever had. Almost perplexingly so. Is this nitro'd and I just don't know it?

O - very great. I hate to side with hype but this sucker probably deserves it.

4.25/5  rDev -6.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.21/5  rDev -7.1%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Zombie Dust from 3 Floyds Brewing Co.