Dark Lord Imperial Stout | 3 Floyds Brewing Co.

Dark Lord Imperial StoutDark Lord Imperial Stout

Ratings: 4,289 |  Reviews: 1,288
1.75/5  rDev -59%

1.75/5  rDev -59%

1.85/5  rDev -56.7%

Not sure where the hype comes from this beer is one of the worst things I have ever tasted

1.88/5  rDev -56%
look: 4.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 1

My last review was deemed more of a rant than a review

(I don't know. I realize this might be sacrilege but this beer was gross. I had it on tap at the brewpub on the wednesday after darklord day and I have to say that I did not enjoy it. This was like fermented prune juice or something...I love stouts, porters and dark beer but this was without a doubt the most disappointing beer I have ever drank. Don't go out of your way for this.)

So I'll try to play be the rules this time:

Appearance: Solid Black and thick as hell (great looking stout)

Smell: Mixture of spoiled prune juice and nail polish remover

Taste: Something is wrong with this. Funky, spoiled and possibly poisonous are my best adjectives for this.

Mouthfeel: Full bodied stout

Drinkability: I finished it only out of obligation.

Let me add to my original review that I LOVE almost every FFF beer that I've tried and think their brewpub is one of the greatest in the midwest. Unfortunately, this beer is not my cup of tea.

1.98/5  rDev -53.6%

2011 Dark Lord Imperial Stout picked up by my son at Dark Lord Day and shared with friends during a night of beer and boardgames.

It poured jet black with red highlight when the wine glass was held up to the light. A gentle pour yielded a subtle head of tight tan bubbles. The nose was full of molasses, toasty malts, raisins and alcohol. First sips yielded a strange vegetal taste . It is very sweet with hints of dirt, and vanilla—maybe soft fruits. As it warmed, alcohol became more dominant with warming sherry notes and a hint of coffee. Full and round mouth feel. I was prepared to like this more than I did. I am sure it would become more rounded with age.

2.02/5  rDev -52.7%

This shits disgusting! Most overhyped beer ever. No one can actually enjoy drinking this garbage.

Taste like simple syrup sugar with a touch of soy sauce and coffee.

Dark Lord Imperial Stout from 3 Floyds Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 87.6% out of 100 with 4,289 ratings