SoBro | 3 Floyds Brewing Co.

SoBroSoBro

3 Floyds Brewing Co.
Indiana, United States
3floyds.com

Style: Flanders Oud Bruin

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by MasterSki on 11-15-2011

Well, after reviewing my notes from a huge tasting, I would say that this one was the worst based on my review scores. I actually thought that Biggs stache was worse but at least that one looked somewhat decent.

A: cloudy, watery, not appealing at all

S: At first I thought it smelled like vegetable soup but then narrowed it down to a watered down V-8.

T: watered down V-8 all the way with some alcohol. Maybe even a bloody mary that was left over from the night before or something.

M: Thin, watery and not good again.

O: Terrible. I love Zombie Dust and Dreadnaught and Alpha King and Behemoth and others from Three Floyd's but every sour that I've had from them has been not good. Stick to the Hops. Sorry. I'm glad I didn't pay for this or 'Stache

Have to review this one as it was just horrible. How anyone could have rated this higher than….say a 2 overall is beyond me.

Look: A murky, watery mess.

Smell: Smelled like tomato juice with a little burn to it. Let's go with "vomit."

Taste: More vomit, tomatoes, just woof!

Feel: It's hard to even get to feel on this one because the smell/taste combo is so bad. It is watery I suppose. I find it offensive to even have bottled and sold this beer.

Overall: Despite the vomit-tomato-wateryness, I actually loved it. Kidding, horrible. two thumbs way down. I would turn down a taster of this every single time.

1.5/5  rDev -51.8%

2.25/5  rDev -27.7%

2.25/5  rDev -27.7%

2.44/5  rDev -21.5%

Bottle generously shared by Jason. Served in a Captain Lawrence tulip.

A - Attractive two-fingered lightly tan foam settles to some wisps, a thin collar, and a few spots of lace. Hazy plum-colored body.

S - Slightly vegetal, with notes of barbeque sauce, copper, and wet oak. Somewhat understated.

T - Taste is initially quite bland, but finishes with copper and other metallic notes. No alcohol, and not much in the way of malt character either.

M - Medium-low carbonation, medium body, somewhat watery, with a dry finish.

D - This isn't very good. I almost wish it was offensively bad, rather than bland, as it'd give me more party conversation material. A very dull beer with an unpleasant finish. Literally tastes like a homebrewer's first attempt at a sour brown.

2.5/5  rDev -19.6%

2.5/5  rDev -19.6%

2.81/5  rDev -9.6%

Thank, you jrallen34...the most hated man on the interwebz!

A - Pours ruby red, off-white colored head, thin collar, wisps.

S - Light vinegar, cherry skins, apples, caramel, metallic batteries in there as well. Not really all that much "Flanders" in this beer for me, but hey, it's an attempt, I guess.

T - No really sour cherries or oak in this beer, all very light. Maybe some subtle tart notes, but more vinegar and balsamic then anything. The metallic notes come out a bit more here then the nose, which I much preferred over the palate. Finish is vinegar and metal combined into one.

M - Light to medium body, lower carbonation, tart dry finish.

O - FFF can do hoppy beers, they can do stouts, and then can do German-style beers. However, they can't do sours...until I try one that's half way decent, I'm sticking to my opinion. Pass.

SoBro from 3 Floyds Brewing Co.