219 | 3 Floyds Brewing Co.

3 Floyds Brewing Co.
Indiana, United States
3floyds.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

First there was Region Riot in honor of our Region; now comes 219! This refreshing hoppy ale is just what you need.

Added by MasterSki on 12-14-2011

2.5/5  rDev -39.6%

4.5/5  rDev +8.7%

2.75/5  rDev -33.6%

2.75/5  rDev -33.6%

4.25/5  rDev +2.7%

3.61/5  rDev -12.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

Enjoyed on tap at the source. Served in a nonic pint.

A: Pours a clear golden amber color with a two finger height of pure white head forming on the pour. The head has some nice retention and it recedes slowly down the glass leaving some sticky lace behind.

S: Sweet berry with honeydew melon. Light biscuity malts in the periphery with a kiss of citrus fruits.

T: Dry biscuit malt. Green, fruity hops with some nice citrus. I'm getting a sweet, yeasty note in there as well which is interesting.

M: Light bodied with some medium to medium high carbonation. The finish is clean, and slighty drying.

O: I enjoyed this, but this was the last beer of my FFF stop and I think my palate might have been a little wrecked after two other beers and a BBQ pulled pork. I'm definitely going to revist the next time I go. If my thoughts are any different I'll be sure to update my review.

4.35/5  rDev +5.1%

On tap at Three Floyds Brewpub, served in a nonic pint.

Pour: Clear golden body with a finger and a half of white head. Leaves a really nice lacing.

Smell: Huge burst of citrus (oranges, grapefruits). A light biscuit in the background. This beer is all about the hops on the nose. Very inviting.

Taste: Oranges and grapefruit abound, just as the nose. A light peppercorn mixes in with a light honey sweetness. I honestly get a tinge of mint on the finish.

Mouthfeel: Okay... so I've claimed Gumballhead as the most drinkable beer of all time. I was wrong. THIS is the most drinkable beer of all time. Light, but substantial in taste. Wow.

Overall: If this were bottled, I would get this all the time, every time. I really, really enjoyed this beer.

219 from 3 Floyds Brewing Co.