Bully Guppy | 3 Floyds Brewing Co.

poor
Bully GuppyBully Guppy

3 Floyds Brewing Co.
Indiana, United States
3floyds.com

Style: American Pale Wheat Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Gumballhead aged in cognac barrels with peaches for one year.

Added by MasterSki on 09-25-2012

1.98/5  rDev +21.5%
look: 4 | smell: 1 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 1.25

OK! I've been looking forward to trying this monstrosity for a while. A sort of masochistic desire to find out "how bad can it really be?" The answer is more complex than "REALLY F*$&ING BAD!"

It actually looks pretty great. Nice carbonation, radiant yellow, good clarity. The aroma ... is the worst part. Paint thinner, fingernail polish remover. Burnt hair macerated in strychnine. Maybe some peach pits and marmalade in there, some oak. It's a car crash rubber necking experience, it's like picking at a scab.

The flavor isn't actually that offensive. It's odd, but not horrible. There is a stone fruit sweetness and a lot of herbal notes ... carraway, fennel? I'm failing to recall having not taken notes and the taste memory being overwritten by the aromatic awefulness. The feel is decently creamy, lighter than expected, not harshly chemical or acidic which was shocking considering the smell.

1.46/5  rDev -10.4%
look: 3 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

2.33/5  rDev +42.9%

Orange toned dark color.
Nose is very chemical and "off." Not at all inviting.
Flavor profile unfortunately follows nose on this one. While this review is from notes from 2013, the biggest word in my one page of comments is "UGH." So be it.

Worst beer of all time? BA Nail Polish...

1.5/5  rDev -8%

Thanks to Dustin Powers for generously opening this up and making sure anyone at the DLD Compound who wanted a pour of this beer got one!

A- Who cares what the appearance of this beer is, anyway? It looks hazy, dark copper orange. It actually reminds me of concentrated urine. Or otherwise the urine that comes out of a person who's in acute kidney failure. Which I'm thinking at the time, is probably what's going to happen when I drink this beer.

S- Nail polish remover. Straight up acetone. I took a microfabrication lab course in undergrad and we'd clean off our molds with liters and liters of acetone. This is the exact same thing. Straight up acetone. Smelling this should have set off all sorts of warning bells in the minds that Our Creator gave us and Nature fine-tuned to keep us wary of poisonous substances. And it did. But alas, I suppressed it and took a sip...

F- A disgusting combination of acetone, formaldehyde and other undescribable industrial chemicals that Three Floyds dumped into this beer. There is nothing natural-tasting about this beer. No malt, no wood, no peaches. This is just toxic waste. I wonder if Three Floyds dumped a bunch of peaches into toxic waste barrels already filled with industrial waste, "barrel aged" it and then sold it to people. Seriously, where is the f'ing FDA when you need them?

M- Thin bodied, disgusting beer that merited an instant drainpour after one 0.001oz sip that I regretted taking immediately. And I regret even more that I passed the glass over to my friends so they could try this beer, even though most of them asked to try it. I feel like the biggest dick ever for doing this.

O- Worst beer ever. Thanks so much to Dustin Powers (powz87) for sharing this gem of a beer with us. You're such a kind person, the best BeerAdvocate I've ever met.

1.02/5  rDev -37.4%

Pour a glass of nail polish remover and it will taste better. I'm higly disappointed in 3fs, they should have never released something this bad. I will never blindly buy another bottle of 3fs. I will never recover the taste buds this beer killed.if you still have a bottle, throw it away.

1.25/5  rDev -23.3%

1.25/5  rDev -23.3%

2.75/5  rDev +68.7%

2.5/5  rDev +53.4%

1.75/5  rDev +7.4%

Bully Guppy from 3 Floyds Brewing Co.