Permanent Funeral | 3 Floyds Brewing Co.

Permanent FuneralPermanent Funeral
4.5/5
World-Class
Permanent FuneralPermanent Funeral

3 Floyds Brewing Co.
Indiana, United States
3floyds.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

The wolf inside this pale ale is trying to walk upright. This bright and aromatic beer was brewed with our friends in the band Pig Destroyer.

Added by MasterSki on 03-25-2013

#109

Ratings: 2,906 |  Reviews: 340

4.96/5  rDev +10.2%

FFF are a bunch of wizards. I really love this beer. My favorite DIPA on the market.

4.63/5  rDev +2.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

I was lucky enough to purchase a case of bombers from DLD this year. I bought it after a small taste of a guy that was in line at the beer kiosk! Holy moly, this beer is awesome. I really like ZD, but PF is just flat out AMAZING!

A- Has a reddish orange tinge to it. Looks almost like a Killian's Irish Red.

S- Has a smell of fermenting fruits with a hoppy/boozy finish.

T- The taste was surprisingly smooth. I was expecting a bit of harshness, but one I was gravely mistaken. Had hints of fruit (honeydew), and almost a legume taste to it (as weird as that sounds, it was utterly delicious).

M- It is a bit thicker than a stereotypical beer, but feels great on the palate

O- I would rate this beer as one of my favorites. Venturing out into the world beyond blue moon and fat tire is sure exciting. I'm thankful that I live within an hour drive of FFF. This craft beer stuff is pretty tasty but can get expensive pretty quickly.

4.52/5  rDev +0.4%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Had this one on tap at the 3Floyds taproom. Poured a light orange, hazy, with a decent sized white head. Hop-forward aroma, which gave way to a very well blended DIPA. The malt comes through with a sweeter, caramel flavor to balance the slight bitterness from the hops. Overall, well balanced and delicious. Glad I could try it fresh from the source!

4.5/5  rDev 0%

Permanent Funeral from 3 Floyds Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 4.5 out of 5 with 2,906 ratings