Gumballhead | 3 Floyds Brewing Co.

GumballheadGumballhead

Style: American Pale Wheat Ale

Added by cretemixer on 04-17-2003

3.7

Ratings: 5,873 |  Reviews: 1,565

Defiantly Not for me ever !!

1.25/5  rDev -70.2%

Didn't care for this beer at all.

1.3/5  rDev -69%

Watery yellow with some small floaties & no head, reeks of wheat.

Nasty. The bitter, acrid aftertaste starts in the front of my tongue & works its way back into my throat.

Man. This is wheat beer at its unrefined. Little character, little taste, but a strong, unrelentingly battery-acid, macro aftertaste. I recently tasted the Weyerbacher Blanche & was very, very pleasantly surprised at the excellent wheat character & the lack of that...nasty aftertaste.

I hope I just rec'd a bad bottle after all the positive reviews. My first failing grade. Drain-pour.

1.5/5  rDev -64.3%

2.18/5  rDev -48.1%

Tried to order a Budweiser at this hipster bar in downtown Chicago and was informed that "they do not carry bud products" This should have been a red flag given that bud is the most popular beer in the country. Waitress suggested gumballhead which was the featured beer. It came in some stupid ass wine glass but other than that looked fine with kind of a medium amber color. All downhill from there...it tasted like complete shit with an almost chemical after taste
I found myself forcing it down with my meal. Super hard to drink...and don't give me any of that "refined pallet" bullshit they should serve this beer in shot glasses with a chaser and no i don't live in a trailer or watch NASCAR I'm a normal person with
pretty normal tastebuds

2.26/5  rDev -46.2%

I have read a lot of good reports about this beer so I must have had a bad bottle. It was a 22 oz. from a local liquor store.

The brew smelled like grapefruit and tasted like it too. Carbonation was OK and mouthfeel was OK too but the taste was very harsh and on the extreme sour side.

Not one I was impressed with and probably need to try again.

2.28/5  rDev -45.7%

2.4/5  rDev -42.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2

2.5/5  rDev -40.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

2.5/5  rDev -40.5%

Gumballhead from 3 Floyds Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 4.2 out of 5 with 5,873 ratings