3 Floyds / Half Acre Anicca | 3 Floyds Brewing Co.

3 Floyds / Half Acre Anicca3 Floyds / Half Acre Anicca

3 Floyds Brewing Co.
Indiana, United States
3floyds.com

Style: American IPA

Brewed with our friends at Half Acre, Anicca IPA is single hopped snake juice showcasing the Mosaic hop, a plant throwing off a cornucopia of fruit flavors. Bitter sweet and full of force, this IPA bends your brain into a tropical storm of writhing glory.

Available in 22oz bottles. This is the version brewed at 3 Floyds in August 2013.

Added by MasterSki on 08-20-2013

Reviews by tut2528:

4.45/5  rDev +2.8%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

4.6/5  rDev +6.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

4.1/5  rDev -5.3%

4.81/5  rDev +11.1%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

4.46/5  rDev +3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

A - Dark copper with a clear and slightly reflective body with a small white head

S - Passion fruit, hibiscus, rather floral and tropical. Really fragrant.

T - Up front is floral hibiscus hops, then it moves to mango, passion fruit and strawberry to give it a good fruity presence. Finish is slightly piney to give it a bitter finish. A great balance of hop flavors in this one

M - Medium body with a thick and sticky resin. Get a hop resin on the tongue that lingers on in the finish.

O - A really good hoppy beer that you'd expect from these two with a good balance of fruit and bitter hop flavors.

3.75/5  rDev -13.4%

4.75/5  rDev +9.7%

4.5/5  rDev +3.9%

Poured from 22 oz bomber into Tulip glass.

Appearance doesn't really matter to me. I'm all about the taste and smell. I shared this bottle with a bunch of craft beer buddies and we all really enjoyed it. One of my friends-- who at first said "Oh, no thanks. I don't really like IPAs very much."-- said "Oh wow, the taste on that is really complex. I think my palate must be changing because that's really good!"

Smell: I picked up a lot of pine and "dankness". My friends were able to pick up on more fruit notes. I really love fruity and floral smelling IPAs, so I would have liked to have picked up on those scents more. Maybe my nose is defective.

Taste: When it first clashes against your tongue it is sweet and fruity. If I were to assign the taste to one fruit, it would definitely be passionfruit. After this initial rush of flavor, it transforms to a pine-like taste which leads to a nice hoppy bitterness.

Mouthfeel: at just over 7%, it's right where I'd like it to be for an IPA. Crisp AND satisfying.

Overall: I'm glad I picked up two of these when I stopped by the brewery. Actually, I hope I can get some more before they're gone. It's definitely has a memorable taste. Highly recommended.

4.75/5  rDev +9.7%

4.73/5  rDev +9.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

4.22/5  rDev -2.5%

This collaboration is excellent. ...ahow casing the mosaic hop! The beer pours a clear copper with thin white head that is leaving a nice lace. The scent carries an orange peel citrus and subtle pine. The taste is bitter through the drink with a orange peel spicy essance that includes a piney resin. The mouthfeel is medium to light in body with good carbonation. Overall this is a great beer.

4.25/5  rDev -1.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

3.99/5  rDev -7.9%

3 Floyds / Half Acre Anicca from 3 Floyds Brewing Co.