Indie Pale Ale | Cisco Brewers Inc.

good
Indie Pale AleIndie Pale Ale

Cisco Brewers Inc.
Massachusetts, United States
ciscobrewers.com

Style: American IPA

Finally an American IPA from us. This beautiful red-orange ale has a full malty body balanced by a fruity apricot/grapefruit nose. Mounds of dank Summit hops in the whirlpool and dry-hop additions provide a delicious finish to this East meets West-coast ale.

Added by Imstillthegman on 12-26-2007

3.44/5  rDev -7.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

3.25/5  rDev -12.9%

3.74/5  rDev +0.3%
look: 5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

3.64/5  rDev -2.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

A: Pours a dark amber with a tan frothy head. It leaves a nice lacing as the head dissipates. I've poured this into a tulip and a Sam Adams perfect pint. Looked great in both glasses.

S: I only pick up a faint hoppy odor.

T: Provides a nice bitter taste but doesn't burn out the palate so it should go well with food. But, for me,it is missing the pine and citrus taste that I love in an IPA.

M: Medium bodies with a nice tingle from the carbonation and the hops.

O: I really enjoyed Cisco Pale Ale, a nice English Pale, but this one is probably one I won't repeat purchase.

4.01/5  rDev +7.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.75

A - Damn that's a good looking IPA. Color is a bright amber brown, clear not hazy, and the head of the glass is rocky and very sticky with lacing.
S - Well it's strong enough pine and citrus hops to stand out. Must have some good malt sweetness/ balance with gram cracker and crystal malts.
T - A very herbal and pine bite of hops that linger on the palate a bit, not too bitter since it's not undrinkable. No real sweetness to speak of it truly is Indie like "old school"
M - Light to medium even though it was a hop assault it was very easy to drink. Pound able for sure.

Overall if it's still around I would consider getting more in the mix and match for 10 bucks section. Best beer I had from these guys and wish I could have had the stout.

3.52/5  rDev -5.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.25

Appearance: 20-oz pour into a frosted weizen glass (I was pretty upset to see the frosted glass). Poured deep amber hue with a three-finger whitish head that disappeared quickly. Some lacing stuck along the edges of the glass in its wake.

Smell: Some citrus and fruity notes to this, with some grassy qualities as well. I get a bit of grapefruit and orange predominately.

Taste: I definitely taste the grapefruit and citrus aromas that were present in the nose. This is not very bitter for an American IPA, but you can taste some piney notes. Not as much of an IPA character as I expected.

Mouthfeel: Smooth and slightly creamy and very easy drinking. There is not too much bitterness here as stated and this is actually quite refreshing on a hot summer day.

Overall: This is a good, but not great east coast twist on the American IPA. I would like more bitterness here but this is easy drinking and certainly refreshing. I won't go out of my way to have it again, but this is definitely at least a somewhat above average beer.

3.79/5  rDev +1.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

This beer is representative of how far behind I got with regard to the all-important CANQuest (TM). I CANnot remember where it came fromwhen I acquired it, or anything else. F**sake!

From the CAN: "Finally, an Ameri[CAN] IPA from us ... This beautiful red-orange ale has a full malty body, balanced by a fruity apricot/grapefruit nose. Mounds of dank Summit hops in the whirlpool and dry-hop additions provide a delicious finish to this East meets West-coast ale.

My Crack not only revealed another brimful craft CAN, but it produced a little splash, indicative of its desire to come out and play. Who would I be to deny it the opportunity? An inverted Glug and we were away and running. It not only generated some nice faux-cascading action, but also a smell of grapefruit that filled the kitchen. The dense, rocky two-plus fingers of tawny head had a great lasting power and I heard strains of Carly Simon singing "Anticipation" since it was making me wait. As it slowly fell, the sticky lacing that it left behind in its wake was a wonderment to behold. Nose was very grapefruit-y, underlain by a caramel sweetness. My mouth was watering and the first sip evidenced a medium mouthfeel and a very grapefruit-like bitterness on the tongue. I got the subtle apricot taste on the finish, although I may have glossed over it were it not for their verbiage. Finish was super-dry and gasping, just the way this hophead likes it.

3.25/5  rDev -12.9%

Indie Pale Ale from Cisco Brewers Inc.