Shmaltz Pastrami On Rye | Shmaltz Brewing Company

None found.

2.5/5  rDev -8.1%

2.5/5  rDev -8.1%

2.68/5  rDev -1.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

This was one that I was really amped up to try at the EBF, got my sample and was kind of disappointed. The beer poured out as a muddy looking yellow color, the head was white and fizzy. The smell of the beer was a little like a Witbeir with some spicy notes to it. The taste was nothing like I was hoping for. I got mostly rye flavors with all mustard and not enough of the peppercorn. The mouthfeel was decent but didn't really do much for me. Overall this beer wasn't what I was hoping for. I feel that the peppercorn should have played a bigger role in this one. This just seemed unbalanced to me.

3.5/5  rDev +28.7%