Brahva

Poor
BrahvaBrahva
Notes: None
View: More Beers
Recent ratings and reviews. | Log in to view more ratings + sorting options.
Rated by Mclusal from Colombia

B32
Oct 13, 2018

Rated: 1.84 by JasonBatz from Guatemala

Dec 21, 2017
Rated by lecho from Connecticut

4.07/5  rDev +60.2%
60 cents (USD) per 16oz can really saves the day when you're poor af in Guatemala. Obv not top shelf but very decent taste for the price.
Oct 08, 2017

Rated: 3.25 by paulish from New York

Jul 31, 2017
Rated by misternebbie from Pennsylvania

3.12/5  rDev +22.8%
Good flavors a tad fizzy
May 10, 2016

Aug 02, 2014
Reviewed by ChristopherWIU-UTPA from Texas

2.44/5  rDev -3.9%
look: 2 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5
I consumed this beer both in Guatemala and El Salvador, it was your average run of the mill big Central American Brewery American Adjunct Lager. It was good for a Guatemalan or time at the beach, but thats about it. It pours light golden, average head, lots of carbonation, and average lacings. Had a watery tastes of malts, hops, and rice. It had no aroma, went down easy, with a little metalic tasste, and had a malt after tast.

Guatemale March 2013 & El Salvador December 2013

Rated: 3 by ltdantheman from Georgia

Feb 25, 2012
Reviewed by woodychandler from Pennsylvania

2.99/5  rDev +17.7%
Thanks to my local CANman, tone77, for thinking of me and The CANQuest (TM) while visiting Nicaragua. I would have reviewed it sooner, but I was awaiting the picture either being approved or disapproved (in which case I would have had to take another pic).

From the CAN (translated from Spanish): "International quality and experience".

The Crack & Glug revealed another Greg Koch Special - a fizzy yellow beer that may or may not mark me as a sissy. I had a two finger cap of foamy bone-white head with decent retention by the time that I was done with my pour. Its color was a pale lemon yellow, closer to some light lagers than an AAL. Nose smelled strongly of corn and cooked vegetables and I could only think to myself, "Here we go again." It has been a while since I had an AAL from a CAN and I have not missed the sensation. My first sip was a mouthful and it actually had some body to it, unlike being a watery mess as some have been. It tasted about the same as any other - a corn-laden, silage-like challenge for the taste buds. Ho hum and Jeez-O man! It was not gag inducing but neither was it terribly pleasant. It was just more of them same of a crappy overdone style. The finish left me wondering how I used to drink such beers when I was a kid and what my next CANned craft beer will be. Have some when you are in Managua, but don't bother seeking it out.
Oct 12, 2011
Reviewed by tone77 from Pennsylvania

3.3/5  rDev +29.9%
Reviewed from notes May/2011, while on vacation in Nicaragua. Poured from a 12 oz. can. Has a pale yellow color with a 1/2 inch head. Smell is of corn, some grains. Taste is crisp, malts, a slight bit of sweetness to it. Feels light in the mouth and overall is easy drinking in the tropical sun.
Jul 17, 2011