La Britt Blonde | Brasserie Britt de Bretagne

Liked:
3.31/5
Alströms:

3.92/5  rDev +18.4%

A French beer with Belgian influences, but with a nice hoppy twist. It certainly tastes different than the Ar-men blonde if I read the reviews, so I am sure it is a different beer.

Color was orange/yellow with a fine, stable head and some big yeast flakes in the beer.

Smell a lot hop aroma, that is slightly resinous and gives the beer a citric smell. The malt has a supporting role, but is noticable.

Taste is like the smell, a lot of hops, which give the beer it's resinous and citric taste. I suspect it to be Fuggles. Off course there is a good bitter in there. The malts are out there but are buried in the hops. Carbonation is sizzling and a bit too much, every sip, my mouth is filled with foam. The dryness of the beer make the beer even more bitter and hoppy.

This is a very good beer, well done!

3.54/5  rDev +6.9%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

2.83/5  rDev -14.5%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

2.74/5  rDev -17.2%

Poured from 25cl bottle. I find the green glass of the bottle distracting.

Very little head, apple juice color and clear. Smell not present. Seriously, I cannot smell this beer. My wife says it smells "like beer, but very faint". Maybe I get a hint of afterparty cleanup on the fifth sniff.

The taste is surprisingly good. There's a nice hoppy finish, citrusy hops. Still it's very slight; IBU's maybe 10-15. Nice mouthfeel - not watery, and the light carbonation is refreshing.

Overall not an exciting beer, but drinkable.

3.5/5  rDev +5.7%