Copper Legend Octoberfest | Jack's Abby Brewing

Massachusetts, United States
jacksabbybrewing.com

Style: Märzen / Oktoberfest

Availability: Fall

Ancient timelines talk of dark days, plagued by hardships and Kingdom demands. When hope was all but lost, a legend emerged. A plumber. With copper pipes and an uncanny wit, he battled fierce foes and saw to the brewery’s opening. Our Octoberfest is malty, smooth and exceedingly drinkable. It is perfect to celebrate and honor today’s legends. We use locally grown wheat from MA, Munich malt and noble hops.

Added by jlindros on 09-06-2011

3.8

3.26/5  rDev -14.2%

Picked up a bottle at Julio's. Poured into my Duvel tulip.

A - Pours a nice crystal clear copper hue with a good almost two finger creamy head that fades to a nice thick blanket, but not much lacing at all.

S - Aromas are typical of an Oktoberfest, some light copper aromas as well as, in my opinion, far too much breads.

T - Taste is relatively meh as well. Way too much bread for me, way too biscuity, though the german malts are nice.

M - Mouthfeel is solid, as always. One of the best aspects.

O - Overall, this was a disappointment for me. Really had assumed Jack's Abby would make a flawless Oktoberfest, far from it.

3.27/5  rDev -13.9%

3.28/5  rDev -13.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

3.3/5  rDev -13.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Not Bad.

Very Drinkable.

Typical - Average American Made Octoberfest Beer.

Some sips give an earthiness - dirty kind of taste that some would call 'organic'

Yesterday, I was drinking SPATEN OKTOBERFEST which is considerably better than Jack's Abby Copper - and I am normally not a big fan at all of SPATEN relative to all the other exceptional German beers - yes, I know SPATEN is one of the most popular German beers and yet my comment stands - even though I am not normally a SPATEN fan, I consider SPATEN OKTOBERFEST to be pretty damn good as of yesterday when I had it for the very first time - and YES - I find SPATEN OKTOBERFEST to be SUPERIOR to JACK ABBY Copper ...that being said, I am indeed sitting here enjoying this Jack Abby Copper - it's not bad...HENCE...Rating 3.5.

If you want THE ...and I mean "THE" ULTIMATE OKTOBERFEST BIER, then treat yourself RIGHT to some AYINGER WEIZENBOCK - now THAT is the OKTOBERFEST BIER that NO one is EVER going to Improve upon or OUT-Do - it is the ULTIMATE - THAT is my Personal Guarantee and Promise to All of You Reading this review - TREAT Yourself right !

3.32/5  rDev -12.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.25

3.32/5  rDev -12.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Bottle poured into a 20oz glass
A: copper color, off white pillowy 2 inch head a bit of lace left behind
S: rust/slight metallic, nutmeg,ginger
T: true to October brews, light and not aggressive on the alcohol. Slight nutmeg and smooth malt tones throughout and limited bitterness

Overall easy drinker, true to style and won't disappoint

3.33/5  rDev -12.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3

Poured from a 12oz bottle into a pint glass. Orangey gold in color.

Has kind of a sourdough bread smell.

It's fairly malty and a little tart and sour at first. The sourness kind of lingers in the aftertaste, but not in an offensive way.

The mouthfeel is light and smooth.

I'm a little underwhelmed considering I really like the other beers I've had from this brewery. It's not bad, but nothing about really makes me want to have another one.

3.35/5  rDev -11.8%
look: 4 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

3.39/5  rDev -10.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

3.39/5  rDev -10.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

Pours a rusty orange color with a foamy finger and a half head that dissipates quickly leaving no lacing behind.

The nose is very cola-like, sugar cane, bready malt, wheat and ginger

Very thin feel in the mouth but exceptionally drinkable.

Very respectable taste to the style. Could put down a few of these if it was all that was available.

Overall; another good product from Jack's Abby that sticks true to the Oktoberfest style. Would definitely drink again.

3.4/5  rDev -10.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

3.41/5  rDev -10.3%

3.41/5  rDev -10.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

3.43/5  rDev -9.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

3.44/5  rDev -9.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

3.45/5  rDev -9.2%

3.45/5  rDev -9.2%

From a 16oz can, dated 08/03/16. Served in an imperial pint/nonic.

Pours a brilliantly clear copper with a lush two-finger head of foam. The head slowly settles back to a semi-solid cap leaving a little loose lacing.

Smells of brown bread, apples and honey.

The taste is rich, malty-sweet whole wheat rolls, apple peels, white grapes, grassy herbs and honey mustard. Earthy, grassy, floral. A little like golden syrup or treacle as it warms.

A slippery, mouth-coating, medium-bodied malt bomb, maybe a little under-carbonated.

Overall, a decent but not exceptional take on a Märzen that started out enjoyable but which, by the end, I was struggling to finish.

3.48/5  rDev -8.4%

Nice frothy 1 finger head fades fairly quickly light lacing, very clear amber orange copper color.

Nose light grainy toasty malts, light Munich like reddish malts with light lager crispness and hint lager fruit, light grassy leafy noble hops,

Taste dry and bready, cracker, biscuit, grainy, etc, light Munich reddish malt with hint of caramel like, toasty. Light lager crispness. Some grassy fruity hops, noble variety but earthier and more robust and bitter than I expected. Finish is dry as throughout with fairly bitter and dry bready slight lager crispness.

Mouth is med to lighter bodied, decent carb.

Overall eh, a bit too much cracker bready malts and toastiness, no decoction layered softness I would have wanted, a bit too bitter and earthy, but nothing really wrong, just not what I like in my German Oktoberfest beers, and not what I've come to expect of the top notch lagers from Jack's Abby.

3.48/5  rDev -8.4%

I picked this up right at the brewery. This beer started off nice with a nice copper color with good head and lacing.

The smell was just above average with some malt. Nothing special.

Taste is average. Not bad just not tasty as I was expecting.

It gave me a full mouth feel with good carbonation.

I like Jack's abby beers and thought this would be better than other octoberfests I've had but was a little disappointed. Don't take this as a downer. This beer is good, just not what I was hoping for. A little more taste would have rated this higher.

Copper Legend Octoberfest from Jack's Abby Brewing