Jabby Brau | Jack's Abby Brewing

Jack's Abby Brewing
Massachusetts, United States
jacksabbybrewing.com

Style: American Pale Lager

Deep golden in color, this low ABV lager balances Pilsner and Munich malt with an aromatic American hop aroma. This beer starts hoppy but finishes unexpectedly malty with very low bitterness. Impressively flavorful and drinkable for the lightest beer we brew. We dub this beer a "Session Lager," as we once again brew a lager in a beer style of its own. Uses local Soft Red Winter Wheat from Four Star Farms.

Added by jlindros on 01-15-2012

3.72/5  rDev -5.3%

3.25/5  rDev -17.3%

3.56/5  rDev -9.4%

3.96/5  rDev +0.8%

3.96/5  rDev +0.8%

3.4/5  rDev -13.5%

A: [3.50] Cloudy tan color. The beer has a 1 finger pure white head. The head has medium bubbles. The bottle lists the ABV (4.5%) and the IBU (20) but not a born on date.

S: [2.75] Grains and corn. The aroma is pretty subdued.

T: [3.50] Classic wheat beer taste. There are tastes of yeast, wheat and malts. This mellowed a bit as I moved on. The sweetness of the malts came out and the taste got much better.

M: [4.00] Crisp and clean. Medium carbonation. This would be great after working in the sun.

O: [3.50] I am not a fan of wheat beers. That is what this tasted like to me at first. It improved as I continued drinking. The taste got sweeter from the malts. I have really liked all of the Jack's Abby beers - but this one I would pass on. I am not a fan of the style. It seems solid - but it is not my cup of tea (beer).

4.25/5  rDev +8.1%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Pleasant and different. Slightly sweet