Half Court India Pale Ale | Cutters Brewing Company

Cutters Brewing Company
Indiana, United States
cuttersbrewing.com

Style: American IPA

Half Court is our celebration of basketball fever and the sweat it takes for success. A noble example of an India Pale Ale, this beer pours with a thick white head and hits you directly with the scent of hops and citrus. But be forewarned, we're just as hysterical about hops as we are hoops.

Added by jmarsh123 on 08-03-2011

1.5/5  rDev -56%

1.82/5  rDev -46.6%

Pours a clear gold color with a big eggshell head. Good lacing down the glass as I drank it.

Smells of citrus/grapefruit with some sweetness from the malt cutting through the hops. Some vegetal smells as well.

Taste citrusy but with a distinct sweetness from the malt and too much vegetal flavor. Finishes with a very sweet flavor. This beer could use a lot more bitterness. Also notes of oxidation in the finish. Finishes with a lot of wet band-aid flavor.

Mouthfeel is good and creamy. Very oily and probably lots of dry hopping on this one.

I'm always glad to see new breweries pop up especially ones so close to home. This is quite frankly a bad IPA, but check our their Imperial Stout. Much much better.

2.23/5  rDev -34.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2

Wash your mouth out with soapy hops that's the flavors I get here, horrible presentation cloudy orange copper hue light slightly off white head. It's like sucking on hop pellets, no balance ridiculous offering I will swear this brewer off after this, still has plastic and cardboard off notes in this one. How is this brewery going to survive? The absolute worst IPA I've ever had and I've been drinking them for over 10 years now. I am drain pouring this effort sorry guys I know you started homebrewing and made some beers your friends like but this is not craft beer, this is pure shite. I hope I'm being constructive and the most honest and humble way there's no way to call this a good or decent IPA therefor I've told the truth and this review is complete...now I have to go and brush my teeth.

2.55/5  rDev -25.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.75

Hate to be negative but this isn't good at all. Maybe this is an old can. I hope at least. Smell is decent. Tastes like below average newbie home brew.

2.67/5  rDev -21.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 2.75

I love hops, I'm okay about hoops, and overall I was not impressed.

Appearance: burnt orange, off-white head, moderate carbonation with some lacing, good head retention.

Mouthfeel: thicker

smell: Citrus

Taste: Burnt wood, and sweet oranges

Overall, this was a dissapointment-not what I look for in an IPA. Maybe this is better on-tap? I cannot say I'd have this again.

2.76/5  rDev -19.1%

3.1/5  rDev -9.1%

3.18/5  rDev -6.7%
look: 3 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Pours a cloudy amber, with minimal carbonation. Lace is small and erratic.

Aroma is mild -- definitely a pine and citrus hops vibe, but it's not overwhelming.

Taste is sharp and bitter hops, very much in a citric vein with plenty of acidity. Not bad, but not a notable or unique IPA, either.

3.25/5  rDev -4.7%