Half Court India Pale Ale | Cutters Brewing Company

Cutters Brewing Company
Indiana, United States
cuttersbrewing.com

Style: American IPA

Half Court is our celebration of basketball fever and the sweat it takes for success. A noble example of an India Pale Ale, this beer pours with a thick white head and hits you directly with the scent of hops and citrus. But be forewarned, we're just as hysterical about hops as we are hoops.

Added by jmarsh123 on 08-03-2011

1.5/5  rDev -56%

2.23/5  rDev -34.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2

Wash your mouth out with soapy hops that's the flavors I get here, horrible presentation cloudy orange copper hue light slightly off white head. It's like sucking on hop pellets, no balance ridiculous offering I will swear this brewer off after this, still has plastic and cardboard off notes in this one. How is this brewery going to survive? The absolute worst IPA I've ever had and I've been drinking them for over 10 years now. I am drain pouring this effort sorry guys I know you started homebrewing and made some beers your friends like but this is not craft beer, this is pure shite. I hope I'm being constructive and the most honest and humble way there's no way to call this a good or decent IPA therefor I've told the truth and this review is complete...now I have to go and brush my teeth.

2.67/5  rDev -21.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 2.75

I love hops, I'm okay about hoops, and overall I was not impressed.

Appearance: burnt orange, off-white head, moderate carbonation with some lacing, good head retention.

Mouthfeel: thicker

smell: Citrus

Taste: Burnt wood, and sweet oranges

Overall, this was a dissapointment-not what I look for in an IPA. Maybe this is better on-tap? I cannot say I'd have this again.

2.5/5  rDev -26.7%

3.5/5  rDev +2.6%

12 oz. bottle, with no apparent bottled on date present. Another random find at the local beer store; acquired as part of a mixed six pack. My first beer from Cutters Brewing Company, out of Bloomington, Indiana. Expectations are moderate.

Poured into a clear balloon snifter.

A - Pours about a finger of sudsy white head on top of a nice burnt sienna orange colored body. Some thin scattered lacing. Looks alright.

S - Smell is of faded bitter herbal / vegetal hops: pine, dirty earth, leaves, some creaminess, caramel malt, & some green apples.

T - Taste follows the nose, and seems to be a bit faded. Dirty herbal / earthy pine hops, resinous grapefruit / orange, dry bready malt, sugary green apple, and some caramel.

M - Feel goes down smooth enough, and lingers on the finish with dirty herbal / earthiness, and resinous pine / grapefruit. Very dry and bready on the finish.

Overall, more of a malt bomb it would seem, but that is more than likely because my bottle isn't all that fresh. Definitely a beer I would consider trying again, but it lies firmly in the middle of the pack.

Cutters Brewing Half Court India Pale Ale ---3.5/5