Simcoe Session IPA | Nexus Brewery

Availability: Spring

Added by ONovoMexicano on 02-24-2014

Reviews by ONovoMexicano:
3.82/5  rDev +3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Currently on tap at Nexus.

A- Starts with a thin head that dissipates quickly. The beer is dark golden wheat color that reminds me more of a lager, maybe even an AAL. The beer is clear with no carbonation visible.

S- Sweet floral hops, sweet malt, vanilla. There's a very potent hop presence, which is especially surprising given that Nexus isn't known for its IPAs.

T- A very thick malty flavor is very prominent up front, it almost reminds me of a waffle cone. The beer's hoppier notes then come in, floral and slightly piney with some earthy notes.

M- This beer is creamy and malty, bitter up front and again at the finish, which is also dry.

I like this brew better than their standard IPA and found it good after an initial unfavorable reaction. There was a slight offtaste that I'm hoping Nexus can address so that I can return and enjoy it again in the future.

2.5/5  rDev -32.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Simcoe Session IPA from Nexus Brewery