Sopwith Camel IPA | BiPlane Brewing Co.

3.71/5
Good
1 Rating

BiPlane Brewing Co.
Idaho, United States
biplanebrewing.com

Style: American IPA

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by RblWthACoz on 10-21-2013

Reviews by woemad:
3.71/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

From notes made this summer.

Consumed on-tap at the brewpub, which is pretty much the only place you are going to find BiPlane beers.

Poured a slightly dark amber color, with a bone white head that left little lace.

Piney and a little bit citrusy in the nose. There was a mild, bready maltiness present as well. Smelled like a serviceable IPA wthout sticking out from the crowd.

Taste was very similar to the nose. It wasn't a massive, palate wrecking kind of IPA, but it delivered hop flavor all the same. Kind of a session IPA - I felt I could have had several of them if I hadn't wanted to move on and try other things (and I still had Selkirk Abbey to visit).

Medium bodied, with a slightly resiny mouthfeel that was pretty much the same as a lot of IPAs I've had.

To recap, this was a decent, relatively easy drinking IPA that checked the appropriate boxes without really standing out from other standard IPAs. I don't remember what the abv was, but I doubt it was more than 6%. If you like IPAs and are visiting the BiPlane brewpub, you can order this without fear, but don't expect to be swept off your feet, either.

Sopwith Camel IPA from BiPlane Brewing Co.