Bristol Bulldog Brown Ale | BiPlane Brewing Co.

Awaiting More Ratings

BiPlane Brewing Co.
Idaho, United States
biplanebrewing.com

Style: English Brown Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by RblWthACoz on 10-21-2013

Reviews by woemad:
3.96/5  rDev 0%

From notes.

Consumed on-tap at the brewpub in summer. Like all of BiPlane's beers, this is named after an aircraft from the very earliest days of aviation. Bristol is still around today, but now they make small numbers of sportcars.

Poured a dark, nearly black shade of brown, with a slightly darker than off-white but not quite tan head.

Surprisingly roasty in the nose. I expected some dark malt aroma, but it seemed more like a porter than a brown ale. That's not a bad thing as far as I'm concerned, as I find most brown ales rather bland. This onehad some character.

While there was some of the chocolaty sweetness one can find in a brown ale, this beer also had a more roasty and slightly more bitter coffee flavor as well. Not as strong as a porter or stout, but enough to make things interesting. If I were to brew a brown ale, this is probably how it would turn out!

Medium bodied, like most brown ales, with a slightly coating mouthfeel.

If more brown ales tasted like this, I'd drink more of them. This had quite a bit more character than the typical Newcastle clone. If BiPlane distributed beyond their own walls I would drink this regularly.

Bristol Bulldog Brown Ale from BiPlane Brewing Co.