Black Forest Rauch Lager | Black Forest Brew Haus

Style: Rauchbier

Added by stegmakk on 03-24-2004

Reviews by stegmakk:
2.52/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.5

Poured a medium golden color with a small offwhite head that dissapated quickly.
Aroma was like a mix of liquid smoke and a regular Lager.
Taste was just as bad if not worse. The smoke flavor was not mixed very well. It was also not too strong. A rauchbier should be real smokey. BF's past 2 smoke beers were great (Blue Star, Rauch Porter). I do not know what went wrong here. Just tastes like an off smoke flavor added to a Lager. But not enough smoke to give it a smokey flavor, but enough to kill the good taste of the Lager.
Mouthfeel not watery, pretty smooth.
Drinkability. I had 2 to make sure my tastebuds were not off, and I was in disbelief. Other than that I would not have gotten any more of this beer.

Black Forest Rauch Lager from Black Forest Brew Haus