Laura’s Bitter | Odell Brewing Company

Awaiting More Ratings

Odell Brewing Company
Colorado, United States
odells.com

Style: Extra Special / Strong Bitter (ESB)

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by bditty187 on 03-28-2004

3.5

Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

3.5/5  rDev 0%

A sample at the brewery sparked my interest enough to buy a growler of this ESB. My review is from the growler.

Clear tea-brown and coppery in hue, an off-white head of a half a finger in height lasted a quick moment before fading away to a small collar. There was minimal subsequent lacing. The appearance is a little dull. The nose is lead by the caramel, toasty maltiness, then some earthy hops and a pleasant, but light, fruitiness creates the aromas. The potency of the bouquet is adequate to be found inviting. The palate has its charm; it tastes like a traditional ESB, that’s nice; it is tasty with caramel malt, some earthy hops, and distant fruitiness. The flavors run rather straightforward and there is a little lack of union at the finish. Still I liked the taste. Aftertaste is a little muddled though, it’s too earthy and too caramely (almost toffee-like actually) but it doesn’t become sweet. I can’t see this “pilot” beer making it to the big leagues but I’ll enjoy splitting this growler with my girlfriend. Medium in body, low carbonation, it seems to have lost a little, still the mouthfeel is pleasant but normal. I found it to be plenty drinkable but it is far from noteworthy. It is above average and it would be worth sampling at the brewery but I wouldn’t recommend a growler.

Laura’s Bitter from Odell Brewing Company