Odell IPA | Odell Brewing Company

Alströms:
4.5

Ratings: 3,102 |  Reviews: 740
4.68/5  rDev +9.6%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

Copper pour, a finger of white head, excellent lacing. Nice looking IPA. Nose is fruity citrus hops. Maybe a bit of cookie malt. Flavor is likewise - huge hops. Fruity citrus flavors. A touch of spice at the back of the mouth. As with the nose, a touch of malty biscuits. Smooth - no element of bitter bite, just a nice balanced beer, particularly impressive given the hop content. Strong carbonation works well with the hop presence. Really a delicious beer, one that I'd have again if I could find it.

4.68/5  rDev +9.6%

A- Pours an clear amber. Two fingers of cream color head. Holy sticky lace, gorgeous.

S- Hops hit first, and citrus. Obvious malty character.

T- Hops are first, but not over powering. Grapefruit and orange. Some sweet malt finish.

M- Medium in body with perfect creamy carbonation.

D- Incredible, absolutely incredible. I can instantly chalk this up as one of the very best IPAs I have ever had. I have met many beer geeks that are not happy with a beer until all they can taste is hops. This is so amazingly balanced with the malt to hop ratio, I would put it up there with my top favorites of any style. Great job. Gold star for Odell.

look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

I have been drinking this IPA for a couple of years. I would forget about it ,drink a few great beers from California, then come back for another 6 pack. Man what a great beer. What balance ,aroma, those floral oils spilling in my mouth. The subtle tropics splashing in the wash between tongue and cheek. The bitters are as quiet as a child's kiss. This beer has it all ,the finish as satisfying as whipped cream on pineapple pie. Cheers!

look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

This is my favorite beer currently..that said I've only tried maybe 20 or 30 IPAs. This is the one that stands out above the rest in my mind. I can only imagine what the Odell Double IPA is like..If you haven't tried this guy yet, do yourself a favor and get six! I wish I could pick these up around where I live..the pattern would be- Odell IPA, try a new one, Odell IPA, try a new one...

4.68/5  rDev +9.6%

After downing a stout on the hottest day of the year, I switched to something lighter. This IPA could be the best IPA I've tasted. The hoppiness is well-balanced with an almost lemony taste (the bitter part of a lemon, not the sweet part). It was very crisp and smooth, easy to drink. Compared to other IPAs, this had less of a fruity taste, and I liked that. Very good beer!

4.67/5  rDev +9.4%

Odell’s IPA pours a hazy orange color, standard IPA appearance.

Its aroma is full of very pungent citrus, orangey, and mango hops.

Taste is the same, very floral citrus, grapefruit, tangerine/mango hops, slightly bitter, with a subtle but present malt balance.

Prickly carb and hop oils. This is a very drinkable 7%er.

Overall, probably my favorite tropical note forward IPA

4.67/5  rDev +9.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

4.67/5  rDev +9.4%

Poured from 12 oz bottle to pint glass.

A - Crystal clear gold translucent with a slightly off-white head. Not hazy in the least bit. Head lasts a good while with nice lacing.

S - Perfumy hop aromas! Grapefruit, orange, and floral in character.

T - Citrus flavors carry over to the initial taste. Very nice variety of floral and citrus hops. Bitterness follows as it blends with a slightly spicy note. Incredibly smooth and well balanced though hops dominate.

M - Very smooth with nice carbonation.

D - Very drinkable IPA. Unlike so many IPA's that are overloaded with hop flavors, aroma, and bitterness, I found this be quite right.

One of the better IPAs I've had. I would strongly recommend it.

Reviewed on: 01-18-2011 20:16:41

4.66/5  rDev +9.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 5

Served in a bottle, so appearance this time is based on the bottle design. Odell designs are possibly my favourite.

S - floral citrus hop, strong but not overpowering

T - pine, citrus hop hit followed by earthy and malt. Outstanding.

M - Very smooth in the mouth although quite carbonated. In this beer it works well.

All in all an outstanding brew. Are with spicy burritos and paired perfectly.

look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

This is the face of the Colorado IPA - Yes, Comrade has put out an amazing west-coast style IPA that has a lot of deserved buzz - but this is what I think of when I think Colorado IPA. Everything about it tells you that you are about to have and orange, citrusy delight. Pours a clear orange with a sticky head that leaves lacing. Huge aroma of sweet orange and grapefruit and you get a big whiff from the pour. It really lets you know it is generously hopped (and dry hopped) even before you get your nose to it. Taste follows nose with citrus, and floral notes on a layer of semi-sweet malt. It has a very clean malt-bill leaving the hops to be the main star. Light-medium mouthfeel with great carbonation. Very easy to drink with hardly any bitterness left on the tongue. This beer is incredible because you get so much hop aroma and flavor with relatively low bitterness. I like bitter beers but this allows the hops to shine without being drowned out by excessive bitterness. Top notch IPA from a state that doesn't get a lot of IPA love and recognition. Top 3 Colorado IPA's for me (Modus and Superpower being the other 2).

4.65/5  rDev +8.9%

This Beer is so well balanced it is scary.

It has a great copper color and great head retention, could be a little lighter in color but it is still very nice to look at.

Smells great, A lot of bitter citrus hops and some sweet malt. Makes me thirsty just writing about it.

Tastes oh so good. Hoppy yet well balanced. My favorite tasting IPA.

Mouth feel is great, but nothing crazy here, just feels medium bodied like it should.

Drinkability, after 2 or 3 it starts getting a we-heavy but it is an IPA, I want to drink two of these before every nap I take for the rest of my life.

look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

4.65/5  rDev +8.9%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

A - light, golden straw color

S - Citrusy with mild pine notes

T- This is where it can't be beat. Citrus, pine. Bold, West Coast style. This is up there with Pilny the Elder with me.

M- For an IPA, the mouthfeel can't be beat.

I really love this beer. This and Union Jack are my go to IPAs on a regular basis. And for me, it really stands toe to toe with the best rated IPAs/DIPAs on this site.

4.64/5  rDev +8.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

4.64/5  rDev +8.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Odell IPA from Odell Brewing Company