Odell IPA | Odell Brewing Company

odells.com

Style: American IPA

Added by rowew on 03-02-2007

Ratings: 3,071 |  Reviews: 734

Appearance - Golden in color with an off-white head that coats the glass all the way down.

Smell - Very citrusy hops with hints of honey.

Taste - Sweet hops with some caramel malt showing through. A little bit of honey and butter are present as well.

Mouthfeel - Smooth and creamy with a finer carbonation.

Drinkability - This is my favorite beer. Incredibly smooth and balanced for an IPA, this is actually the very IPA that got me started on the style. I could have sworn I had reviewed it before, but I guess I was wrong. For the price, its the best beer going.

Simply my favorite go to IPA. Tastes wonderful i these hot summers here in Tucson Arizona. Citrus loaded, well balanced, and overall the best IPA I have had. This is saying alot as I've consumed many many IPA's over the last 15 years of dedication.

I feel like a little school boy getting all psyched up for recess every time I head out to Odell's in anticipation for this incredible IPA on nitro. Pours an unmistakable light copper color. A regular non-nitro head of about one finger that doesn't hang around too long. Cascade hops are the first thing you recognize right away. But it doesn't end there. You get all the obvious citrus, floral, grapefruit, juniper notes but also about three or four other hop scents. I wish my IPA t-shirt was scratch and sniff. The taste experience can best be described as transitional. It starts out very citrusy and sweet but slowly progresses into that great hoppy delight that you would expect from a great IPA. It hangs out on the back of your tongue just long enough to head back up to the bar and order yourself another. This beer is in my top five IPAs.

Odell IPA from Odell Brewing Company