Odell IPA | Odell Brewing Company

4.5

Ratings: 3,102 |  Reviews: 740

4.75/5  rDev +11.2%

4.29/5  rDev +0.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

A - Pours a golden orange with a two-finger foamy white head. Heavy amount of sticky lacing.

S - Aromas of orange, grapefruit, and piney hops.

T - Lots of bright citrus appears right upfront. The citrus is complemented by sweet malts and floral piney hops in the finish.

M - Medium bodied with medium carbonation. Very crisp with a dry mouthfeel.

O - This is an excellent IPA. The flavors are very well balanced. Extremely drinkable.

4.6/5  rDev +7.7%

4.15/5  rDev -2.8%

4.5/5  rDev +5.4%

I've had this plenty of times, but finally time to write up a little something about it. The pour is from a bottle that says "9/2/14C." Sooo... yeah, still good. Poured into a pint glass.

This beer has a deep burnt orange look, with (while relatively clear) some haze. Nice amount of carbonation; like a beer lava lamp. Could watch it for hours... man... Anyways, nice 1/2 inch head that is tight with micro foam. Love it. Left a lot, and I mean lot of lacing down the side of the glass over the progression of imbibing. Smell wise, it's very grapefruity, slightly tropical, a bit like pine needles freshly broken. A lot to try to decipher.

Mmmm... tasty. Tastes like it smells, which is remarkable. Very light tropical fruitiness that is cascaded over and over again by grapefruit flavor. Wish I could pick up more, but maybe that's all I'm able to get. As soon as it hit my tongue, it sparkles from the carbonation and gives off... damn. I keep try to place my finger on the other taste but can't fathom what it is. Lemon? Tangerine? Blood orange, I s'pose. It quickly leaves my mouth with a resin of pine and citrus to let me know it has marked its territory. Heavy enough to make me suck on my tongue, but not so heavy that it's annoying.

This is a a well crafted IPA. A good beginner's choice of trying what a real IPA truly is. I would easily pick this up again. Santé!

4.8/5  rDev +12.4%

4.5/5  rDev +5.4%

This is an IPA that really stands out, while also perfectly representing it's style. It's not overly sweet, fruity, or bitter. Full of citrus flavors like orange peel and lemons, with complimentary floral and herbal notes , complimented by malt sweetness. If i had general access to this beer it would surely be a consistent repurchase.

3.5/5  rDev -18%

4.25/5  rDev -0.5%

This beer is awesome, as I recall. I was in South Dakota about a month ago and it was recommended to me. Bought a 6 pack and enjoyed it over a 2 day period. Really well crafted brew, wish it was available here in Maryland. Great IPA.

Odell IPA from Odell Brewing Company