Friek | Odell Brewing Company

Odell Brewing Company
Colorado, United States
odells.com

Style: American Wild Ale

Kriek Lambic blended from three different aged beers up to 2 years old, aged in Woodcut barrels.

Added by Oxymoron on 10-08-2009

This is an awesome, easy to find sour! Big cherry flavor and a refreshing tartness. So drinkable, it almost feels like you're drinking a soft drink. I highly recommend this beer to anyone that enjoys a good sour/wild ale.

Is it a beer, a wine, a malt beverage, what??? When I read about this one, I knew my wife would be a fan. Unfortunately, i couldn't find any in the area until on a random trip to the liquor store I saw a bottle hanging out on the back counter all by itself. To my wife's joy, it was not claimed and came home with us.

Once poured into our Lost Abbey tulip glasses, we were very impressed with the color and smell. My wife was very excited because it did not smell like beer and had a very fruity promise. I was slightly more reserved. The color is very different and left me not knowing what to expect.

Upon first sip, I immediately puckered while my wife savored. I was not expecting the tart cherry and raspberry flavors. My wife was delighted and moved past the first sip very quickly. I continued to be unsure of what type of beverage I was drinking. My wife continued to be thrilled. She loved the blend of flavors and the tart taste. Too bad for her that we only had one bottle, and it went down quickly, mostly in her glass.

This is not a beer that I would go to on a regular basis, but I am sure my wife would if we had an unlimited supply of it!

4.93/5  rDev +22.3%

4.88/5  rDev +21.1%

4.86/5  rDev +20.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

4.81/5  rDev +19.4%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

4.8/5  rDev +19.1%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 5

Tons of raspberry and cherry flavors along with the complexity of the aged lambic blend works very well

4.8/5  rDev +19.1%