Hopfer Hefeweizen | Odell Brewing Company

Odell Brewing Company
Colorado, United States
odells.com

Style: Hefeweizen

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by jmkratt on 07-21-2011

Reviews by hopfacebrew:
4/5  rDev 0%

Reposting review from hacked account (jmkratt) :(

Picked up a growler at the brewery today. I am pretty sure I spelled the beer right based on the cap of the growler. New Odell's brew? Yes please.

Poured from growler to weizen glass. The beer pours a hazy golden orange amber color with a 3/4 finger white head which slowly fades to a think film. Some lacing. The aroma is what you'd expect with the hefeweizen yeast and clove with a hint of peppery spice. The flavor follows suit with a malty sweetness and crisp fruit character, some banana and apple. Mild bitterness. Light bodied but really coats your palette. Finishes silky with a lingering yeast and fruit flavor on the tongue. Nice.

Overall, I am not a huge hefeweizen guy but enjoyed this beer. I doubt the growler will last until I can enjoy it in the sun this weekend but I bet it would be damn fine on a hot day. Good stuff.

Serving type: growler