Odell Cutthroat Porter | Odell Brewing Company

Odell Brewing Company
Colorado, United States
odells.com

Style: American Porter

Not quite a stout but definitely no lightweight, Cutthroat Porter is smooth and robust. Inspired by the classic London porters, we use dark roasted malts to create a deep, rich color and flavor that hint at chocolate and coffee. We named it Cutthroat Porter as our tribute to the Colorado state fish – with its own rich heritage and unmistakable dark coloring. And while we’re big fans of small batches, here’s to the currently threatened Cutthroat population reaching mass quantities.

Added by Todd on 05-19-2001

Ratings: 1,241 |  Reviews: 422

3.25/5  rDev -20.3%

3.5/5  rDev -14.2%

4.5/5  rDev +10.3%

3.35/5  rDev -17.9%

This is not a bad tasting beer for some beers lovers but this is not not a porter with great qualities.

I poured this porter into a nice little chalice. This is not a black black porter. Cutthroat is dark but a little thin texture, which is expected in a porter, but also in color. Looking down I can see a lot of brown, darker brown. The head was a little soft even after a pretty hard pour.

The aromas were exceedingly average.

The taste is good. It's not that sweet and I personally like sweet so I compromise and gave it a 3 average. Cut Throat is heavy on coffee with a bakers chocolate. A little malty. A little sweet, but weighs more on the bitters. Could be a great taste for the dry side beer lovers. Just not me so I rate the taste as having good quality, but a 4 for me.

The texture is a little too fizzy my preference. I won't compromise. I find it it somewhat hard to swallow. LOW MARKS!

This porter is built for some wonderful Australian electronic music. I would prefer LAWRENCE ENGLISH "KIRI NO OTO"

4.75/5  rDev +16.4%

3.88/5  rDev -4.9%

This poured out as a nice deep brown color with a light tan head on top. The lacing is great just like many other Odell brews, there is also a solid retention as well. The smell of the beer has an earthy roasted aroma with some chocolate aroma and grass in there. The taste of the beer is chocolaty with a earthy bitterness and yeasty finish. The mouthfeel of the beer was medium bodied and smooth, nicely carbonated as well. Overall this beer is very nice, great sessionable porter, well worth looking into.

Odell Cutthroat Porter from Odell Brewing Company