Mother In Lager | Karbach Brewing Co.

Mother In LagerMother In Lager

3.85/5
Alströms:

Reviews by Hops4Pops:
3.92/5  rDev +1.8%

12 oz can procured from my son in law.
My daughter bought these for him and told me she loves the names that Karbach chooses for its brews. Poured into a Saint Arnold taster glass. Giant creamy tan-colored head about 4" tall that dissipates rapidly to about 1 finger, leaving a very nice lacing in the glass. Very dark, black-dark red color. Very clear. Color of the can is very close to the color of the beer. Smells less than it tastes. Chocolate and very roasted malt notes. Very nice soft mouthfeel. Tastes more sophisticated than it smells. Just enough bitterness to balance out the sweetness. Very well blended flavors that are nicely balanced with some faint hops in the background. The hops come out in the aftertaste. I must admit I tend to discriminate against cans because in the past I could taste metal and hate that. I do not taste any metal in this beer even thought its canned. Afterglass reveals the hops. A very nice colder-weather seasonal.

3.4/5  rDev -11.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

Pours a deep dark brown almost as dark as my MIL's heart.

Well roasted flavor. I gulped down 6 cans before having my MIL's Thanksgiving roast. I had three helpings and listened to her talk about Trump making America great again. Ugh. Kellyanne Conway recommended Trump reach out to women, but not by the P-word. The pleasant thanksgiving day with the MIL scored major bonus points with the wife and I had the best Thanksgiving night ever...

Actually, I have a soft spot for my Mother-in-Law. It's out in the garden behind the shed.

4.25/5  rDev +10.4%

3.5/5  rDev -9.1%

3.37/5  rDev -12.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

From a can into a pint glass. The color looks a shade dark for a Dunkel but I guess within range. Nice tan head. First taste tells me this is not quite my style of Munich Dunkel. There is a astringent/bitter edge that I don't think is coming from the hops. This is not a bad beer at all, just not very German-tasting and not what I consider true to style. A very fine Dunkel can be brewed with only Munich malt and maybe a small amount of crystal/caramel malt. When you start adding chocolate malt or worse, black patent, the roasted grain, porter-ish notes are quite unwelcome. Just my .02, of course. Otherwise well brewed with no off flavors that I can detect.

3.79/5  rDev -1.6%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

3.75/5  rDev -2.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Pours a dark amber/light brown color with a two finger head that lingers and leaves a ring of lacing at the top of the glass. Nose of roasted malt, caramel, and noble hops. Taste follows the nose and is sweet with the noble hops providing a clean finish. More sweet than bitter but not overly sweet. Medium body and medium carbonation with nice drinkability.
Very nice seasonal release. Solid across the board, there are no glaring issues other than it's a seasonal release. Probably my favorite Karbach brew.

4.13/5  rDev +7.3%

Pretty decent sized light brown to tan colored head slowly settles leaving a bit of lacing clinging to the edges as it recedes above a deep reddish amber colored beer.

Well roasted caramel malt aroma bordering on warmed dark chocolates.

Smooth dark roasted malts taste with a light Hershey's dark milk chocolate edge to it.

Dryish aftertaste with a bit of the dark malts tastes hanging around with this smooth and creamy medium bodied drink.

Smooth and tasty, pretty pleased with buying this stuff, just wish I had bought more.

2.75/5  rDev -28.6%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

3.25/5  rDev -15.6%

4.58/5  rDev +19%
look: 4 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

A dunkel is the only lager worth drinking. This is red from Munich malts...and alc is low enough to drink it all day.

4.75/5  rDev +23.4%

This is a seasonal brew that we all here in Houston cannot wait for. Wonderful flavor, and strangely, I find its flavor is more pronounced from the can.

2.5/5  rDev -35.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

4.4/5  rDev +14.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

3.91/5  rDev +1.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.72/5  rDev -3.4%

4.5/5  rDev +16.9%

Mother In Lager from Karbach Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 71.5% out of 100 with 207 ratings