Barn Burner | Karbach Brewing Co.

Barn BurnerBarn Burner

Liked:
3.66/5
Alströms:

3.81/5  rDev +4.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

4.25/5  rDev +16.1%

3.36/5  rDev -8.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

This beer pours a hazy yellow or gold color,it looks nice I guess,I don't have a lot of experience with farmhouse ales so it's hard for me to judge.pours a nice head and laces the glass very well.

It smells like funky Belgian yeast all the way,the way most of the farmhouse I have had smells,a little fruit in there too.not to much spice though.

Taste is true to smell,funky Belgian yeast.this style is not to my liking right from the start so I have to really try hard to judge to style

Drinks easy enough kinda light compared to others in the style.

Overall I don't care for farmhouse but I try to be fair and hey this one ain't bad.not too bad with the funky yeast and very drinkable the abv is hidden well.karbach is well on its way to becoming the best craft beer in the houston area and i found all their beer on sale at heb for 5.99 a six pack so I bought everything they make.

3.72/5  rDev +1.6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Appearance is slightly hazy and tan-gold with an ok head and lace, but slightly less than is typical for the style.

Flavor and aroma are nice, and on par with what I'd expect from a saison, grassy, some citrus, a little crisp hops, pretty nice.

Body is a little sweeter and less dry than typical saisons, as if T-58 was chosen over 3711 (homebrew reference of yeasts that I have personally used, not sure what actual yeast Karbach used). However, this is not a criticism, just an observation. I have enjoyed beers brewed with both yeasts, as I am enjoying this one.

Certainly I'm going to enjoy the rest of this sixer, and will happily continue to pick up sixers of Karbach in the future.

3.25/5  rDev -11.2%

3.5/5  rDev -4.4%

Barn Burner from Karbach Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 56.3% out of 100 with 197 ratings