Fresh Nugs | Karbach Brewing Co.

Liked This Beer

Alströms:

first ← prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | nextlast
Reviews by afluentturtle:
4.07/5  rDev +8%

On cask at flying saucer Houston. Served in a pint glass

Appearance: Reddish amber, about a finger of head and a reasonable amount of lace as beer is consumed.

Smell: Typical hops, grapefruit, pine/resin, flowery and a little bit of all spice.

Taste: Almost a herbal tea like flavor up front, then grapefruit and pine, aftertaste is all hops. Not too bitter, very drinkable

Mouthfeel: Quite light, very smooth and very very easy to drink.

Overall: Not bad at all, a good intro to fresh hopped beers, not earth shattering but worth drinking again for sure.

4.5/5  rDev +19.4%

3.44/5  rDev -8.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

3.5/5  rDev -7.2%

4.21/5  rDev +11.7%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

3.72/5  rDev -1.3%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

4.02/5  rDev +6.6%

3.19/5  rDev -15.4%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

4.63/5  rDev +22.8%
look: 4 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

On tap at Gordon Street Tavern in Alvin.

Let me start by saying, if this could be a year round regular beer from Karbach, it would immediately be my go to fridge beer.. it is awesome.

Super easy to drink... plenty of hops, but not overbearing for a guy like me who likes hops but doesn't love hop bitterness all over the finish.

Such a great beer... smell is super fresh mowed grass to my nose... a good friend said it smelled like another fresh type of grass.. not my thing... so I don't know..

Man.. I'm going to find this somewhere for a growler fill or two... love it.

4.18/5  rDev +10.9%

On cask at Hay Merchant in Houston. I am adding this as an English IPA. Nugget and Kent hops, and really reminds me of the English IPA's I am familiar with. I could be dead wrong though.

A: Pours almost a perfectly clear orange/red color. A two finger white head forms with good retention and lace.
S: Hops up front. Spicy, floral, herbal, tea like. That I really enjoy. A good balance of caramel malt.
T: Hops up front again. Spicy and herbal hops flavors. Some bitterness. Caramel malt, light sweetness, wood. Lingering bitterness. Very nice and balanced.
M/D: A near perfect body for cask. Well carbonated, smooth, velvety, with a lingering dryness. So easy to drink. All day with this one.

Another great offering from Karback. I love the cask, I close my eyes and I am in the UK. Something I really recommend.

3.5/5  rDev -7.2%

4.5/5  rDev +19.4%

4.3/5  rDev +14.1%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.25

Light beer. Not typical of most pale ales. Very pleasant citrus note at the end. Not a clean finish but still refreshing...

3.91/5  rDev +3.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

first ← prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | nextlast
Fresh Nugs from Karbach Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 64.4% out of 100 with 45 ratings