Watership Brown | Red Hare Brewing Company

Georgia, United States
redharebrewing.com

Style: American Brown Ale

Added by Georgiabeer on 11-25-2011

I love this beer, one of my favorites

4.84/5  rDev +34.4%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

Can to a shaker pint.
Poured a dark ruby brown color with tan head that disappeared fairly quickly.
Mild carbonation, aroma of chocolate and malt, slight dried fruit.
Taste was slightly sweet and roasted. Some hop bitterness.

4.65/5  rDev +29.2%

I can barely comprehend all the schmancy words and terms used to describe beer, so I won't try.

I first tried this on tap at Taco Mac in Johns Creek, GA while working on my Brewinversity Masters degree along with swimming Hot Wings, so I can't say I tasted much of it the first time, except to give it the thumbs up. I liked it.

Then I picked up a growler of it at Crafty Draught in Cumming. I'm not sure why I liked it so much, but this beer is excellent. I favor amber ales, chocolate stouts, and lagers. So this was somehow right up my alley. It was not overly complicated in flavor or particularly outstanding in any one aspect, but it just works. One frothy glass tasted just as great as the next and the growler was empty in short order. I've tried several brown ales before but they always seem sort of boring.

I will certainly seek this one out whenever I can get it. Glad to know there is yet another great craft brewer in the greater Atlanta area.

4.64/5  rDev +28.9%

4.5/5  rDev +25%

4.5/5  rDev +25%

4.48/5  rDev +24.4%

Comes out of the tap a beautiful, barely transparent chocolaty brown with a fine-bubbled light tan head that leaves exceptionally generous lacing. Chocolaty, malty aroma has a hint of caramel and is slightly sweet - and very appealing. Rich, very pleasing flavor has malty and chocolaty tones with hints of caramel and wood. Texture has good body and plenty of fizz. I have spent months trying to catch this one, and it was well worth the hunt.

4.3/5  rDev +19.4%

This brew has really nice balance and complexity. Sweet and malty without being cloying, with a nice firm sour hoppiness. I love a good IPA and don't favor beers that lack a hops backbone. This brew definitely stands up. Great flavors of cocoa and butter in addition to the sour citrus of the hops. A really nice complex brew that packs a punch without too much of an alcohol overtaste.

4.23/5  rDev +17.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

4.17/5  rDev +15.8%

I bought a growler of this very nice brown ale from the Beer Growler in Avondale Estates. Pours more of an amber than a brown and with a somewhat slight head. The nose and taste, however, are all about the brown. Roasty aromas in the nose with a substantial citrus undercurrent and a slight note of banana. Balanced fruitiness and roasty notes in the taste. Citrusy to start, and then develops deep roastiness with a bit of bitter chocolate on the finish. Deeply rewarding flavors balanced by the bright citrus. Smooth and full without being chewy. A fine effort and with a unique profile. Really nice fresh like this. Nice to see this brewery's offerings in the community!

4.16/5  rDev +15.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4

Pours a dark brown with a nice creamy head really nice for a brown. Not a lot on the nose nothing offensive just nothing of note. Taste is great roasty slightly hoppy very plesant. Mouthfeel is creamy goes down really easy. Best beer ive had so far from this new GA brewer

Watership Brown from Red Hare Brewing Company