Dale's Pale Ale | Oskar Blues Grill & Brew

Dale's Pale AleDale's Pale Ale

Oskar Blues Grill & Brew
Colorado, United States
oskarblues.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Added by Todd on 10-08-2002

Ratings: 7,408 |  Reviews: 1,968

4.25/5  rDev +9.5%

3.99/5  rDev +2.8%

Pours a crisp and clear golden yellow with a frothy white head of foam.

Bright citrusy aroma with notes of pine.

Pine and citrus fruits dominate the palate as well, but there is a light toasted malt sweetness as well in flavor.

Light-bodied, medium-high carbonation, balanced, dry finish.

Overall, what you have here is a very well balanced pale ale that goes down easy.

3.94/5  rDev +1.5%

3.6/5  rDev -7.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

I first had this ole' jewel in 2005...or I think that was the year. It was the guest beer on tap at Breckinridge Brewery in Colorado. My good time friend and I had taken a trip to the GABF....God, that was fun...(sigh...)----but I did not contribute to Beeradvocate at that time...

Oskar Blues recently opened a brewery close to my home...Brevard, NC- and I saw on the can that it was brewed in Brevard....sweet!.
I do like this beer but to be straight up---it has a very average flavor----with the perfect accommodating body.
I have drank at least a half dozen beers with a similar flavor-big earthy, resin, piney with a touch of grapefruit citrus...
Body and mouth feel is great....but taste is pretty average...
If I were to learn that this was the first beer to achieve that flavor, I would give it a better rating for originality....like I say, I like it. But until I learn that fact, I will give it a 3.75...not a bad rating at all-but I expect more for$ 9.00 a 6 pack.

3.32/5  rDev -14.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.75

I was pretty excited to try this beer being in the top beers for the Better Beer Authority. Lets go over specifics:

Appearance: really nice amber color. Pliny the Elder color if you ask.
Smell: Biscuit Malt, Hops, Pine, one note citrus.
Taste: Alcohol, some citrus, slight grapefruit aftertaste.

For me, it could have been better. It is not a bad beer. The aftertaste was very one note for me. On the BBA scale I would rate it about a 6 but I think there are better beers in this style. I don't know whether this beer is trying to be an IPA or a pale ale. Bear Republic racer 5 is a much better example of the IPA style I think than Dales. If I had to have it again I would but it is not my favorite beer.

4.75/5  rDev +22.4%

4.5/5  rDev +16%

2.75/5  rDev -29.1%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

I am a big fan of Oskar Blue beers. I tasted this one from a variety pack. Honestly, there wasnt much of any distinct aroma/bouquet from this.

The taste was clean and crisp, which I always find positive. The mouthful was a little on the thin side as well as the aftertaste.

Nothing to find fault with this ale, just that it wasnt something that stands out with the various beers that I have tasted

Dale's Pale Ale from Oskar Blues Grill & Brew