Dale's Pale Ale | Oskar Blues Grill & Brew

Dale's Pale AleDale's Pale Ale

Oskar Blues Grill & Brew
Colorado, United States
oskarblues.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Added by Todd on 10-08-2002

Liked:
3.88/5
Alströms:

Ratings: 7,368 |  Reviews: 1,959

4.2/5  rDev +8.2%

Pours amber nice head, great retention and lace. Smell is of carmel malts, and piney hops. Body is fairly thick with some carbionation. Taste is smooth. Malty up front with a piney hop finish. This is a great beer!! Balance is malt and hops is excellent.

4.2/5  rDev +8.2%

The new can revolution is here ... has a wonderful sweet piney aroma .. glides down the throat very happily ... i love this beer.. Taste is very tasty and has a great clean finish, lick your lips and have another!! more breweries need to start using cans, ..and you know this ..man!!

4.2/5  rDev +8.2%

This beer is really impressive. Poured out as a golden color with a sturdy looking white head on top. The lacing was really good too. The smell of the beer, has a really good hop quality to it. There is a little malt in there too. The taste of the beer is hoppy also, this beer could almost be an IPA I think. The mouthfeel is medium bodied and dry in the aftertaste. Overall I was expective to like this as much as I did, but I was happy that it tasted as good as it did. Very enjoyable brew!

4.2/5  rDev +8.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

Orange amber color with a big frothy white head. Sticky trails of lacing on my glass. Smell of some piney hops and a solid grainy background. The hops gives a burst of taste up front that is quickly covered by the malty grainy taste. Taste finishes dry with some hop bitterness. The hops on the finish is a little on the bitey side and not just that solid piney note that i love. At 6.5% this is too drinkable. The cans make it portable too, making it the perfect swing oil for a round of golf. A nice one that will compete with Sly Fox Pale Ale when I'm looking for a cans.

4.2/5  rDev +8.2%

Poured from a can into a Dale's Pale ale pint glass picked up from the brewery. Amber/orange color with 2FB of white head that dissipates with some lacing. Floral scent. Malty with piney hop flavors with residual bitterness. This has been my go to pale ale for the last year and have tried others available in my area but still coming back.

4.2/5  rDev +8.2%

A - Poured a light copper color with a little haze. Got a bout a half inch of head. Retention was great. lacing was good.

S - Hops are the major player in this beer. Comes across as a citrus hop aroma. With a little work I think I found a sweet aroma in the background (could be caramel malt).

T - Citrus hops really stand out but are balanced very well with a lingering bitterness. There is a sweet background that really adds to the experience in a good way. The balance of flavors is really good.

M - This one is medium to full bodied. Carbonation is on target. Finishes really dry, but that makes the beer even better.

D - This one was great (for a beer in a can). Glad I got to try it. If I get the chance...I will buy it again.

4.2/5  rDev +8.2%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Pours dark amber/honey colored with 2 finger width foamy head. Head retention is good with fair amount of lacing on side of the glass. Has a citrusy, resin aroma - malty. Excellent malty backbone to this beer. Starts with a moderate resin like hoppy taste followed by an very smooth malty citrus taste. Good amount of bitter aftertaste follows. This is an excellent beer. The hops and malts are well balanced.

4.2/5  rDev +8.2%

A - Nice cloudy amber body topped with a fluffy one finger off-white head. Head retention is spectacular and a generous veil of lacing is left down the inside of my glass.

S - The can says it's "A huge voluminously hopped mutha of a pale ale" and it certainly smells like it's living up to its billing. Citrus hops dominate the nose with just a twinge of sweet malt to top things off.

M & D - Wow...the hops are definitely kicking in this bad boy! As soon as you take a sip, you get a nice bitter blast of citrus hops at the front end, balanced out just slightly with a bit of malt sweetness toward the end. Medium bodied and smooth. Finishes pretty clean. Very good brew all the way around!

D - This is one of the better Pale Ales that I've had so far. Anybody that enjoys a hoppy beer will definitely appreciate this one. Oskar Blues has yet to let me down and I look forward to trying more of their brews!

4.2/5  rDev +8.2%

Poured from a can into a pint glass.
A: Pours a light copper with medium to small white head.
S: Nose is one of citrusy American hops, a wonderful change from some of the weaker examples of the style.
T: Nice balance of malt sweetness and hop bitterness. In the end, the hops prevail, but not to a point that is out-of-style.
M: What you would expect from a good pale.
Overall, a wonderfully creative and full-flavored American beer.

4.2/5  rDev +8.2%

12oz can purchased at Bottle Caps in Daytona Beach, FL. Pours a beautiful, bright amber hue with one finger of eggshell white head and sheets of lacing on the shaker. What an attractive brew! Smell and taste are floral, piney, and citric hops, orange peel, sweet and bready malts, caramel, biscuit, fruity and acidic hop flavours with a delicate, rounded bitterness to end. Medium mouthfeel and carbonation with a juicy-oily finish. Not nearly as dry as most U.S. pales, this one refreshes the palate while delivering lots of hop goodness. In that regard it reminds of Bell's Two Hearted Ale. Overall, Dale's would be my stand-by session beer if it was available in Ontario. A delicious and easy drinking APA.

4.2/5  rDev +8.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

12oz can, it's a deep golden ale topped with a frothy, ivory colored head holds great retention and leaves thick, chunky lacing. Aromas are floral hops, bready malt, citric, caramel, a bit tropical. Tastes are bready, caramel, pungent grapefruit, and pine. Nice mouth-feel here with a smooth creaminess, while being medium bodied. Overall, solid APA, and holds a bit of nostalgia for me as I highly sought after this beer a few years ago before it was available in IL.

4.2/5  rDev +8.2%

12 oz can...in fact, two of 'em, poured into a big plastic pint glass. (plastic? - hey, I'm by the pool, so gimme a break)

pours a saliva-inducing peachy copper color, with a thick cream colored head that lasts a while and laces nicely.

I love that I've finally got some beer that I can take in my cooler out to the pool and still have something that tastes great. I may spend a lot more time out there now. Aroma is full of pale and lightly toasted malt and plenty of citrusy hops - I dig it!

look, this isn't the best beer I've had by a longshot, but it is excellent, and perfect for what I was looking for by the pool. Bitterness is up front, but not unpleasantly so. Lemon and grapefruit make big appearances, with the malt well in the background. I strain to decide if I detect a faint metallic taste here, but if it is there it is damn well hidden by this "voluminously hopped mutha." Pretty clean and crisp and leaves just a tantalizing hint of bitterness in the finish. Carbonation and body are medium and I could drink several (more) of this extremely refreshing brew and probably will.

look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.25

Backlog from 2009. On tap at the Knitting Factory. Excellent pale ale. Probably the best pale I’ve had since the last time I had a Sierra Nevada. Pleasant hop bitterness. Good til the last drop, flavor-wise and head-wise. Very piney in the aroma and flavor.

4.19/5  rDev +8%

orange-amber color with a nice off-white head.

aroma of very apparent piney hops, citrus hops, maybe some grapefruit. i dont know. i got the wind blowin in my face.

taste of citrus, pine (just like the nose), nice decently apparent malt backbone. very much a floral hop taste

very smoothe taste rolls down the tongue and into the belly. low carbonation. not bad though.

great session american pale out of a mutha funkin can yo!

4.19/5  rDev +8%

Quite nice and very drinkable. It's a remarkably full flavored brew with a strong kick. Goes down easier than most 6.5 beers. Voluminously hopped mutha as the can states. It's a bit over priced but a solid staple for a strong flavored beer fan. I particularly appreciate the smooth drinkability that includes a hoppy bite and an appropriately malty finish. I also must mention the cans don't take away from the flavor and add to the experience.

look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Canned on 11/28/16. Poured into a pint glass. One inch soapy off white head with a deep gold color. Smell is sweet malts, hops, pine, citrus, caramel. Taste is hoppy, orange and grapefruit peel with some papaya and toffee. Very crisp and clean with a semi dry finish. This is my go to Pale Ale. Easily available here and I never pass on a 12 pack. Dangerously crushable, especially on hot summer nights.

look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Poured from a 12 oz. can into one of my pint glasses, this beer pours a mainly clear, slightly cloudy/hazy medium amber color with a slightly tan colored head that's over an inch thick when first poured. the head eventually settles to a thick layer of creamy looking surface foam along with a medium sized to thick ring lining the inside of the glass along with some good lacing. Aromas of some caramel malts along with a fairly big pine and citrus hop presence. The taste is pretty much the same, with slightly toasted and bready, somewhat sweet, caramel malts that are followed by a nice pine and citrus, earthy hop bitterness. While there is a good balance of flavors here, the bitterness does tend to dominate a little bit. Actually, this is one of the hoppier pale ales I've had in awhile. I like it this way too. If I didn't know better I'd think this was an IPA of some sort actually. has a fairly crisp, but also somewhat smooth and frothy, slightly chewy, medium to full bodied mouthfeel with moderate carbonation. has a clean finish with a decently dry aftertaste. Easy to drink in the way well crafted beer like this ought to be. A very solid beer all around here.

Eric

4.19/5  rDev +8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Light amber color, clear with minimal head. Very nice hoppy aroma, some malt in the nose as well. This brew has a very balanced flavor profile but it has a generous amount of hop bitterness and some nice piney notes as it warms. Mouthfeel is spot on, this beer is refreshing but its just thick enough to keep you drinking it. Overall this was a very tasty pale ale that was hard to put down. I finished it pretty quick and I think I will crack another.

4.19/5  rDev +8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

I cracked a can of Dale's Pale, poured into a British pint glass, hoisted it to get a good look and spied my 18 year old son through the glass, a cherished memory (until he flipped me off). The appearance is beautiful, and the smell is outstanding. I loved the feel of this beer, and the taste led me to wish I could have had a second. Who would have thought such great beer would pour out of a can?

Dale's Pale Ale from Oskar Blues Grill & Brew