Dale's Pale Ale | Oskar Blues Grill & Brew

good
Read the review
Dale's Pale AleDale's Pale Ale

Oskar Blues Grill & Brew
Colorado, United States
oskarblues.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Added by Todd on 10-08-2002

Ratings: 7,296 |  Reviews: 1,945

2.27/5  rDev -42.1%

Another excessively bitter beer. Not my "cup of tea". I feel bad rating it low, but I have to my own self be true. If I give it a higher rating, just for effort, then I might accidentally get it again.

2.3/5  rDev -41.3%

Having heard a lot about this beer I decided to give it a try...

Serving Type: 12 oz can

Appearance: Pours a orange colour w/ a slight white head. Leaves a pleasant ring w/ a little lacing

Smell: Malty, fruity. A touch of floral...pine perhaps.

Taste: Dry and hoppy upfront. A very slight touch of pineapple but the aftertaste is strongly metallic and pine like. VERY metallic....not what I was expecting at all.

Mouthfeel: I imagined something thicker...but this is very thin and watery

Drinkability: The taste is to metallic and it is way to overpowering. You can't tell when the can ends and the beer begins. Not at all enjoyable

2.32/5  rDev -40.8%

On tap into a pint glass.

A- Looks decent; dark amber with a thin white head. Little lacing.

S- Smells of floral hops and a touch of what I like to call 'macro stank'. (not skunk, stank. This is probably from malt, or rice. It can be found on the tongue, too)

T- The hop flavor is pretty nice... but I feel like the rest of the brew is lacking. There is something horrible about it... just poor ingredients other than the hops I suppose. Although, if you need your hop fix, this will do the trick.

M- Medium to light body, medium carbonation. Leaves the mouth a bit dry.

D- About 1/4 way into this beer... I honestly did not want to finish it. Hard to explain, but it just wasn't for me.

I don't get the hype of this one. Are they inconsistent with their batches? Is it better from the can? I may never know... but I do know that it was brutal.

2.32/5  rDev -40.8%

2.36/5  rDev -39.8%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2

Barely serviceable pale ale. Drinkable, but nothing you'll seek out.

2.4/5  rDev -38.8%

Blah. A not so great pale ale.

Appearance: Not too bad looking but not memorable either. A dark cloudy copper colored beer with a fluffy whitish/light-orangish head that breaks down to a sticky lace on the glass.

Smell: Malt, some hops but far less than the "voluminously hopped" boast on the side of the can. Hint of pineapple and some other citrusy fruit.

Taste: Not good. Bitter, poor quality hops or the wrong combination or hops, slightly musty; dryish and bitter finish.

Mouthfeel: Thin and watery, but the bitterness really ruins it.

Drinkability: Not recommended. There are too many good American pale ales around to waste your time with this one.

2.42/5  rDev -38.3%

had an oily flavor I did not care for.

2.43/5  rDev -38%
look: 2 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Dales pale ale is pretty plain and doesn't stand out much.

2.46/5  rDev -37.2%

I picked up a 6-pack at the Publix in Orlando while on a business trip.

No date on the can, so I don't know how old this beers was when I bought it. First poor produced a big pillowy head, slightly cloudy, red/amber color. Aroma was very malty, caramel with some hop aroma muddled in between.

Body was medium. Not a crisp. clean taste like you get with an SNPA. Tasted malty, I got lots of caramel and maybe Munich malt taste with some hop bitterness upfront, but then nothing on the finish. Dont know what to make of this beer. I had two, but dont think I would want another.

Theres lots of hype around this beer, but I think there are far better examples of American Pale out there. I don't think I would recommend this one unless you are curious.

2.46/5  rDev -37.2%

Much sweeter than I had expected, but not bad in general. Lots of fruit flavors.. apricot, peach, and a touch of honey. Didn't detect much hops.. not exactly a well-balanced beer. One that I enjoyed to try, but I didn't have more than one. Not a terrible beer, but I'm not sure that I would recommend this beer to anyone.

2.47/5  rDev -37%

Well, this is my first hype brew since I've been here on BA, newly distributed here so I assume it's reasonably fresh. Poured from a 12 oz. can into a pint glass, it pours a hazy orange amber with a half inch head. Retention is short, lacing is well represented.

Smells of hops and malts in union. Hops are floral and citrus with some pine as well as sweet malts.

Taste is another story. Thick syrupy lightly toasted malt sugars, sickly rich. Malt is way overdone here in my view, and it sticks around for a while cloaking the finish. Some bitterness pushes through but that's about it. Not a lot of depth to the malt either, and not chewy. Mouthfeel is good initially but the malts coat like an oily salad dressing thus rejecting any further flavors from participating. Tastes like a desert wine, and a poor one at that.

Definitely won't be buying this one again. Lesson learned.

2.47/5  rDev -37%

A- Pours an amber, light orange clear, 2 finger egg shell head.

S- Very bitter hops, astringent with no discerning character.

T- Bitter hop flavor, front, middle and back of tongue.

M- Light to medium, easy to drink with lots of carbonation.

O- A forgetful pale ale, needs more malt to balance the hops. Not really tasty.The date shown said it was pretty fresh, so not sure why it was so average. Many other beers out there, so may as well skip this one.

2.48/5  rDev -36.7%

look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Holy hop-forward ale, batman, this stuff is dank!

look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Doesn't go down easy and the flavor just doesn't produce. This is basically beer pong beer

Dale's Pale Ale from Oskar Blues Grill & Brew