077XX | Carton Brewing Company

Carton Brewing Company
New Jersey, United States
cartonbrewing.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Like all things truly Jersey, 077XX makes the most in balancing through its accentuation of extremes. Inspired by the west coast IPAs we love, we added a thump of hops to a dynamic malt profile and chose a yeast to drive these two further than they wanted to go. Throw our water into this mix and you will find dank green resinous hops popping over orange, mango and papaya aromas, with just enough sweetness of body to make the long finish a pleasure to have around. Drink 0’Dub when your night matters.

Added by mdfb79 on 10-13-2011

Ratings: 1,341 |  Reviews: 163

How can you not love this beer? I did a blind tasting with 077, Heady, and Pliny... 077 was my #1 as well as my 2 friends who did it with me. Need I say more?

Exactly what you want from a DIPA. Tropical aroma with a dry finish that allows you to have many in an evening. Super drinkable and the malt doesn't come out if they age for a while.

It's a five. I've been drinking it for 2 years now and it's better every time. It's now been three years and I stand by this rating it's the most drinkable double I've had.

Officially my favorite Double IPA. Everyone argues over Heady and Pliny and they are obviously there for a reason but everyone has their own palate. This one is it for me. Even for a New Englander.

Top of the charts hands down

Appearance - Pours a solid light gold almost orange.

Smell - complex hop aroma with hints of citrus and pine on the end.

Taste - Light upfront hops start to come in strong as they have a very strong finish lingering on the palate afterwards. Pine and Citrus linger.

Mouthfeel - Light mouthfeel froward then going into more of a fully hopped flavor mouthfeel into the finish.

Overall- Love me some dub

This is an outstanding double IPA. Everything about it is outstanding. Taste great. I prefer drinking this out of the can or from tap.

077XX from Carton Brewing Company