Boat Beer | Carton Brewing Company

Boat BeerBoat Beer

Carton Brewing Company
New Jersey, United States
cartonbrewing.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Described by the brewer as more of an American Pale Ale. It's not an India Pale Ale.

Boat Beer is designed to be complex enough to merit drinking a few without being crippled by alcohol. Kolsch yeast and German malts are combined to be crisp and refreshing, while a generous amount of American hops have been added to keep it remarkable. Expect it to dance out of the glass with a whack of grapefruit and open into a crisp, stony tangle of white and yellow fruit with pine and moss notes. An IPA for everyday drinking, drink boat beer when you are thirsty from softball, fishing, or explaining why your team is best.

Session Ale
ABV: 4.2% | IBU: 35 | SRM: 3.5

Added by Citadel82 on 10-24-2011

Ratings: 1,255 |  Reviews: 168

This is definitely my favorite beer, I even talk about it all the time. This session by Carton has everything I look for in a beer. This is my first time writing on Ba so you might not believe my 5 point rating, so let me explain. First the appearance is uniquely hazy for this type of beer (once a waitress brought me the wrong beer and I knew right away that it was not and boat beer). Secondly the aroma hits you with all kinds of beautiful hop scents, probably because it was dry hopped twice, then taste....it has all the hop flavor that you look for in an ipa but with out the heavy maltiness that might weigh down a beer with a higher alcohol content. This makes it a perfect beer especially if you want to have more than one. Obviously I am a hop head and boat beer appeals to me, but even if you are not a hop head try something from carton brewery. They have many unique delicious innovative beers I am sure everyone would find a beer they love by carton

Doesn't get any better than this from a session beer. Incredibly flavorful.

Best session you can buy

I'm not one for typing a lot of words or even writing reviews, especially when it comes to going out of my way to make a profile on a site yada yada yada.... Some history I have been drinking craft beer since I've been 21, my buddy worked in the beer department at whole foods and would always tell me what beers to check out. But I never considered myself a beer snob/nerd to warrant making a profile on beer advocate or even checking out the page (sorry its the truth)

When Carton first showed it's face in my town about two years ago I was immediately impressed. At that time I didn't even own a growler I never needed one. I have enjoyed watching them grow over the passed years and looked forward to their beer one day being in cans.
This past month they made that Happen with their boat beer. I always enjoyed boat beer but it was never my first pick I would always go home with a Sally of something else. Never the less I was really excited to purchase my two case limit and get to drinking. So glad I did, Boat out of a can is simply amazing, it has become my favorite beer hands down. I wouldn't just be saying that I have a steady supply of heady topper, but this takes the cake. BOAT IS KING, the cans themselves are really awesome as well... When they are available don't hesitate head over and grab them, but expect to be standing in line right behind me.

Boat Beer from Carton Brewing Company