Bo & Luke (Orange Marmalade)
Against The Grain Brewery & Smokehouse

Bo & Luke (Orange Marmalade)Bo & Luke (Orange Marmalade)
Beer Geek Stats:

Wants
Gots
SCORE
n/a
Bo & Luke (Orange Marmalade)Bo & Luke (Orange Marmalade)
Notes:
bluejacket74 from Ohio

4.44/5  rDev +1.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

750 ml wax capped bottle, sticker on the label says Orange Marmalade 2018. Served in a snifter, the beer pours dark brown/black with about an inch and a half tan head that stayed around for a while. There's also a good amount of lacing. I like the aroma, the brew smells like bourbon, vanilla, smoked malt, dark fruit (cherry) and roasted malt. Taste is similar to the aroma, but there's the addition of some orange marmalade, caramel, oak and bittersweet chocolate flavors. Mouthfeel/body is full, it's creamy and a bit coating with a moderate amount of carbonation. Easy enough to drink for being 13% ABV. There's a lot going on with this brew, but I like it. I'm a fan of the regular Bo & Luke too so not much of a surprise that I'd also like this one. Definitely worth picking up, I bought this a couple weeks ago on a recent trip to Louisville so there's still some out there.

Mar 22, 2020
Fordcoyote15 from Kentucky

4.31/5  rDev -1.6%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Creamiest looking bo and look I've poured, and I've had a lot of them.

Sadly this is almost no orange marmalade smell or taste. In fact, if you didn't know it was in there from the label then you wouldn't know it is in there at all. The power of suggestion is strong though and I think I taste it.

Overall sweeter than all other b&l I've had with the exception of 2018 peanut butter. Maybe 2018 was just a sweet year for the base?

Dec 07, 2019