Gordeous With Bourbon Soaked Oak Chips | NoDa Brewing Company

Style: Pumpkin Ale

Added by thagr81us on 11-21-2012

3.75/5  rDev 0%

3.53/5  rDev 0%

Served from a freshly tapped hand pumped cask into a shaker. Poured a dingy yellow tan with LOTS of floaties with a three finger light tan head that subsided to one finger very slowly. Maintained nice lacing throughout the glass. The aroma was comprised of sweet malt, pumpkin, HUGE wood, and vanilla. The flavor was of sweet malt, pumpkin, vanilla, tons of wood, earth, and subtle cinnamon. It had a medium feel on the palate with medium carbonation. Overall this was a fairly decent brew. When I heard this one was being tapped I was really happy to hear it as I had timed it just perfectly. After seeing it come to me, I wish I would have caught it a few days later. There were TONS of floaties in this one which really hurt the appearance aspect. Granted the aroma definitely picked up the ball and ran with it though. Loads of complexity for the style and nice oaky notes going on. The flavor wasn’t too bad but the oak definitely dominated it in my opinion. Really glad I got the chance to try this one and would love to do so again in the future without the floaties as this could have been a very solid brew. Tick.

Gordeous With Bourbon Soaked Oak Chips from NoDa Brewing Company