Bourbon Barrel Aged Noda Rye Z'd | NoDa Brewing Company

Added by thagr81us on 11-21-2012

Reviews by Lob:

3.53/5  rDev -16.4%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Had this one at the source! Served from tap into a NoDa sampler shaker. Poured a deep red-orange with a half finger off-white head that subsided to a minimal amount slowly. Maintained excellent lacing throughout the glass. The aroma was comprised of sweet malt, earth, earth hop, fruit, spicy hop, and caramel. The flavor was of sweet malt, earth, earth hop, caramel, caramel hop, and fruit. It had a light feel on the palate with medium carbonation. Overall this was a pretty decent brew. If I am honest, I really didn’t get a lot of the barrel on this brew with the exception of maybe the caramel aspect I picked up on. I was hoping to pick up on some vanilla and oakiness, but it was nowhere to be found unfortunately. With that being said, this was still quite enjoyable, but I honestly prefer the base brew more. Glad I got to try this one though and I would still suggest any –bal fan to do the same. Tick.

4.25/5  rDev +0.7%