Jam Session | NoDa Brewing Company

Jam SessionJam Session

NoDa Brewing Company
North Carolina, United States
nodabrewing.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Added by Daktah on 02-28-2013

4.93/5  rDev +27.7%

By far one of the best Pale Ale Craft Brews I have ever had.Highly Recommend this Pale Ale. From the appearance to the taste you just can't find any better. Up until a couple weeks ago I was only able to find this beer in North Carolina. The NoDA Brewing company is starting to expand outside of the North Carolina territory and into South Carolina. I will always try to have a 1/2b of this in the kegerator at all times.

4.71/5  rDev +22%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

4.68/5  rDev +21.2%

4.64/5  rDev +20.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.75

I had my first Jam Session the other night at Cowfish in Charlotte NC. I have to admit I hate hoppy beers! I saw this and she said it was a great pale ale. I decided to give it a shot! I normally get citrus beers and have to have the bartender give me a lemon to add or a orange because the hint of citrus just does not curve me right, however with this beer! OMG! It tasted like oranges and lemons and berries. It had a hint of everything I love! It was light and smooth going in. When you swallow you start to get all the hints of citrus. This is a chick beer I have turned on 4 friends today alone! Love Love Love! I wonder if I can get at a local Charlotte Grocery store!! :D

4.63/5  rDev +19.9%

4.6/5  rDev +19.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Pretty doggone good beer. Thoroughly enjoyed this. Smashed three of these in Charlotte airport during a 50 minute layover.

4.6/5  rDev +19.2%

4.54/5  rDev +17.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

I don't regard B/A scores as absolute truth, but when I see a new beer that I want to try and 500 people have rated it in the high 70s to low 80s, it factors into my decision. That being said, I feel that the current score of 85 for this beer is a little misleading. Don't mistake this beer for just a decent pale ale. I think time will prove this beer is worthy of a 90-92 rating.

Appearance--The darker hue to this pale ale increases its crowd pleasing ability. It's not just for hop seakers.

Smell--positives here, but not the gusto behind this beer. You get an expected balance of hops with some true to appearance malt.

Taste--The taste is everything you hope the name suggests. Sure, if you want to be blown away by hops, the "Hop, Drop 'n Roll" is there waiting for you. Sessionability is the name of the game here. You get enough hops, then the relief of a full flavored and well rounded beer.

Mouthfeel--Sessionability here as well, but not overly thin.

Overall--I could try to describe exactly what hops and malt tastes like, but in all honesty, you need not tax yourself with the chore of decoding nuance in this brew. It is the sum of all its parts that entices subsequent sips. The roundedness of this beer makes the second one just as tasty as the first.

Jam Session from NoDa Brewing Company