Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Tourmaline Abbey Ale | Middleton Brewing

Added by elNopalero on 11-02-2011

Reviews by elNopalero:
3.77/5  rDev 0%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Disclaimer: dubbles are not one of my favorite styles so take what I say with some salt.

Poured on draught into a snifter with a good amount of head.

There’s a great amber-red color to this and a wonderful full nose. I’m picking up a lot of that ‘bubble-gum’ aroma that dubbles are known for. Bit of a thin body. Some tartness to the taste. It’s not cloyingly sweet as I might have expected/feared. In hindsight I prefer this to their cherry version. Altogether an ok expression of the style but not one to win over anyone sitting on the fence (such as myself).

Tourmaline Abbey Ale from Middleton Brewing