Olde Peninsula Tornado Pale Ale | Olde Peninsula Brewpub & Restaurant

3.9/5

Olde Peninsula Brewpub & Restaurant
oldepenkazoo.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by Wildman on 10-04-2002

This beer was a pale amber color with a nice white head. The aroma grainy malt with some hops present. The flavor was grainy malt with spiciness maybe from the hops. A medium body.

3.56/5  rDev -8.7%

A good pale ale, which calls to mind the taste of a Goose island Honker’s Ale for me. The sharp bitterness of an APA only starts to creep up on you as go get further into the glass. Good hoppiness in the finish. I think of the brewpub in Kalamazoo, this has the better selection of pub grub, too.

3.95/5  rDev +1.3%

A: Definitely an American Pale Ale color. Slightly golden. Very nice.

S: Malty and hoppy, just what you would expect.

T: Malty. Good hops finish.

M: Just medium. Missing some carbonation for the style, I would say.

D: If we are staying for more than one, this is the one I always chose.

3.97/5  rDev +1.8%

Pint

Golden light orange in appearance with a small white head.

Citrus hops are in the forefront with caramel malts also present.

Caramel malt is what I can distinguish first with citrus hops making a late appearance and staying well into the aftertaste.

I am usually opposed to the nitro tap for pale ales, but this overcomes my bias. The smooth carbonation is pleasant with the flavor.

Overall the beer is pretty solid. I have enjoyed it before and intend to do so again.

Olde Peninsula Tornado Pale Ale from Olde Peninsula Brewpub & Restaurant